top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could having an EIN be affecting my job search?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could having an EIN be affecting my job search?

Hi guys,

Last year I attempted to start an online business but it was a no-go since I did not have the capital for it. However, I still have my EIN (Employer Identification Number, or in other words, tax ID number) and registered as a sole proprietor. Perhaps when employers do a background search, they see my EIN and decide for whatever reason not to hire me?

What do you guys think!

I guess not one's sure

Comment

No, that is not the issue. And even if it was, there is nothing you can do about, so stop sweating it.

I know job searches are tough. You are better off tweaking your resume, making contacts, hitting the pavement; instead of simply mailing out your resume, show up, be assertive.
      Last edited by HHM; 08-24-2008, 12:06 PM.

Comment

If everyone that had an EIN wasn't hired due to that, then half of America would be jobless. A lot of people attempt to start businesses on the side or in their past.
        Disclaimer: I am not an actor on TV, but I play a BK Paralegal in real life. Nothing I say should be construed as legal advice, or really anything but entertainment. Please seek out professional help.

Comment

No that's not affecting it.

Most likely it is the long period of unemployment, keep at it someone will give you a break.
          May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
          July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
          September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X