Any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any advice?

Hi everyone, For a few minutes anyway, I'm the new kid on the block with a plea for advice. By juggling my credit cards( I'm sure that's new to everybody on this forum) I'm managing to make ends meet, but bankruptcy and foreclosure seem to be looming up on me. I've got a good credit score..mid 700's, but my car has over 2008K miles on it. It's driving like a dream but things are starting to go wrong occassionally. I need a dependable car for work as I have to drive 2000 miles per month. Should I get a new nothing down and 0% interest car now before my credit tanks? Of course this is going to put me further in the hole, but I can't walk to work. I feel that I'm between a rock and a hard place at the moment. Any advice would be appreciated.

You can do that and keep paying for the car during the BK. Are you filing yourself or are you planning to get an attorney. You can get some free consults I had for before I file. Then pick the one you like.
    Are you thinking about chapter 7 you may want to post in the chapter 7 folder you will get more input
    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
    341 09/17/2008
    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

I'd get a new one now with your good credit - that will last you through the years after bk. That's what I did. The new secured car loan will actually help you with your means test and your petition because it's secured and because there will be little if no equity in the car. And you can still take the deductions even if you don't reaffirm the debt (reaffirming is another story). But, if you do this - it needs to be more than 6 months before your bk and not on the eve of it. I'm not sure why but the trustee asked me if I had purchased a new car within the last 6 months. Maybe it's some sort of red flag for them?
      Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
      341 July 1, 2008
      Discharged September 4, 2008
      Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X