Need to Vent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to Vent?

Okay, there's a lot of great threads out there that are turning into vent sessions and just making other members upset (myself included). If you need to vent - post it here, we'll offer our sympathy and we'll try not to get defensive and/or pissy.

Okay

Warning! Vent coming.

Damn Lottery

Vent over.

Comment

I AGREE..................

AND AT TIMES "ALL OF US" NEEDS TO VENT OR - DURING BK!!

MINNY
      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Another vent...

Damn... forgot to buy lottery ticket Saturday...

Vent over...

Going back to finish watching Godzilla...
        "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

I feel like a cry baby, and I have always been so strong. I feel like this is really the end for me. I was charging like paris Hilton, the only difference is Im not her.

Comment

It's okay, it will be okay. You will go through a whole wheel of emotions and it's not going to stop upon discharge.

From what I've gathered you go through feeling scared when you're preparing, ashamed while you're filing, relieved after your 341 and frustrated after discharge. And then you start moving on with your life - it'll be disappointing, you'll get denied for credit, you'll wish you never did it and then you'll be relieved that you did it. It'll be a never ending circle, which is why you can't take bankruptcy lightly. But now you'll learn to live with in your means and you may start to have a savings account. So you won't be all Dolce and you won't be sipping martinis at the hottest clubs, so your house won't have fancy furniture, so your car won't be pimped out. There's a kind of happiness that comes about looking at things you've out-right purchased and being proud that you got it because of your hardwork and not your credit score.

Comment

When does this stop?

Okay quick pity party for me ... my life has blown the last 6 months. Graduated from college (good), got a job in my field (great), with lousy pay, even worse insurance, dad fell two stories out of a tree and broke his neck, broke up with a boyfriend of 2 years, ex got married and decided to sue me, had to move home, etc. I decide to file bankruptcy (good), but my lawyer isn't on the ball - keeps lying about dates things would be done and were done, and now my Trustee is a partner in my ex's law firm! When is this damn luck going to change?!

Comment

FOR YOU!!!! HEREKITTY....

SOUNDS LIKE MY HOUSE.............

Bank still has my land, Trustee still has my house..... and I'm 14 months into a Chapter 7.......DUH...

At the office - one is out on medical (open heart surgery), one is in Iraq (Nat. Guards), one is on vacation, one got fired this week for METH (smart move there), one crying cause her hair dryer burned up this morning............... and 2 are in the process of divorce.....

Talk about PROBLEMS..........

AND I HAVEN'T HAD A VACATION YET THIS YEAR!!!!!

Now that I'm thru "whining", what's for lunch???

LOL

Minny
                Minny

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

I've had it!!!

Went through bankruptcy and still struggling. I don't know what to do. I figured out my bills and income and the bills still win out. I am really living close to the edge.
                  Do I find someone and get married to have two incomes? That wouldn't be fair to that person.
                  Do I sell my car that I only owe two more years on at $159.70 a month?
                  Do I sell my house? My payments are 573.26. I don't have anyone to move in with.
                  My child support is $690.00 per month. Can't do anything there.
                  I have nothing else to sell. I work from 9:00AM to 7:00PM.
                  I practically sit in the dark with the air turned up.
                  My refrigerator basically has condiments in it.
                  Sad thing is I work full time and make decent money but yet I suffer still.
                  Sometimes I think it would be better for all if I wasn't around. I'm tired of being worried and scared.

I guess I have vented.
                  Jeff

Comment

Jeff in SC,
                    Take in a roommate for a while, a good one though....... to help with those expenses.
                    Do a background check on them, lock up your valuables, and work out details with them on rent, utilities, etc.
                    Let them pay half, buy your own groceries.....

Lots of single guys struggle, just like single girls do....
                    Its hard to maintain a home on just one paycheck coming in. Believe me, I know.......

Just a thought,

Minny
                    Last edited by Minnymouth; 08-25-2005, 11:31 AM.
                    Minny

Comment

Thanks Minny,

I'm not trying to find reason for your suggestion not to work but I am in a two bedroom house and I have three daughters. My stupid ex had my daughter checked for sexual abuse, by me, as a court ploy while we were going through the divorce. That will never be forgiven!!! I've never, nor would I, touched my children or anyone elses. Due to all this there is no way that I would have a roommate.

Jeff

Comment

Jeff, that is unforgiveable. That is a crime against you and your children. I understand your position more than you can imagine. The sad thing is that the woman will not face any law enforcement repurcussions and even though the allegations must have proved unfounded if she continues someone may eventually buy it.

Just to let you know that the anger and FRUSTRATION is normal for someone who has been falsely accused. dealing with family members etc... can be difficult in your situation. And you are right, you are likely on a state list just because of the accusation (7-10 years). It is normal to feel like everyone thinks you are guilty. My advice to you is to be careful what you do. You right NOT to bring in a roommate. An animal like her will likely accuse someone else and involve an innocent human being.

I will PM you later, we are appearently going to whacked by a Hurricane and my Town is gonna' be very close to the eye as it now so i've some home care issues right now. You will get through this, I have had an odd life, riches, near rags, homeless (three days), down lower than you think and pulled out. I know more than you think about bad situations that other people put you in. I'm not saying BK & such was someone elses fault, that's me, however some situations are pressed on you by unreasonable people who ally with their family members and you may be alone. You will be OK in the end and believe me life changes drastically over the years. I KNOW, I passed through a nightmarish HELL from 88=91 and i sympathize with you. I can't help you with money but i can help you get through it.
                        Last edited by robivi3; 08-25-2005, 01:12 PM.
                        "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Granted, it's not a lot of money - but "secret shopping" may help you out a bit, most people who do it are women and a lot of companies will request a man.

There's a couple different sites, if interested - private message me. How it works is you get a little bit of money and reimbursements to judge customer service. For instance, you'll get $10.00 to do a grocery store, plus a $20.00 reimbursement. You buy your groceries, do your report and then they reimburse you, so you'd get a check for $30 the next month. They have them for restaraunts, they'll tell you to go around a certain time frame and then they reimburse you for the expense plus like $2.00. But watch out, some are a little scam-y. I've worked with four different companies - granted they take time and it's not like you'd get rich, but you can pick and choose which ones you want. I made $80 one month.

Comment

OK here is my real vent:

Pissed because since we filed all we have is rent and utilities and still have trouble making ends meet. Me -I am working 16 hours days in two dead end jobs just to make ends meet. Lost our house and my wifes car because she would not get off the coach and do anything. She has spent the better part of last 3 years working part time or no time(been fired 3 times). I have been working 60+ hours every week since she lost the first job and she gripes at me when I don't get stuff done around the house. I have probably already borrowed 20 grand from father and I am getting tired of it. (I know he is) We have 3 dogs that I love but I can't see staying with her for the next 10 years just for the dogs(and I know she will put up a fight for them if we divorce). I know a hard decision has to be made but I haven't been able to pull the plug on our marriage, yet. I have decided if things don't turn around by Christmas I am going to split. I still have ambition and big plans for my future. I just can't see much of a future w/ her. She just seems to pull me down like a boat anchor.

Vent over

Comment

Jeff in SC
                              SORRY - didn't know about the 3 daughters - ROOMMATE - OUT OF THE QUESTION................unless its female.... (and I'm sure your EX would object to that also - with kids there).....
                              Don't know what to tell you to change the situation.....you can only "cut corners" so much.....then there's nothing else to cut back on...

I know lots of guys who are "raising" their kids.....I really admire them!! And yes, its a struggle for each of them....

Wish you luck - but am out of suggestions on how to solve your problem.....??

Best Wishes, Minny
                              Minny

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X