Rising Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Art,
    What part of Pa does your mother live in?

Comment

Originally posted by MRDEBTSTER
      Art,
      What part of Pa does your mother live in?

Beaver Falls...About 30 miles from Puttsburgh.

Comment

Ohhhh...What fun there....

Originally posted by AAAArt
        Beaver Falls...About 30 miles from Puttsburgh.

MMmmMMMMM...Beaver....

Comment

Originally posted by Genenco
          MMmmMMMMM...Beaver....
          Actually in Beaver County, if you can believe that.

Comment

$1.96 pg......

It is sad to see some gas station raise thier prices on Fridays.....which happens to be payday for many people!
            The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

When I was in Maine last week, the average price of gas for 87 octane was $2.45 per gallon!!! And keep in mind that these prices were in towns that are primarily low-income!!
              The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

A few days ago the highest I saw was $1.99, today it was $2.08. I'm in East TN, and some friends in the SW Ohio area tell me it's $2.40 plus there.
                I'm not a lawyer or legal expert, just offering advice on what I may have gone through and/or have knowledge of. Good luck!
                341-done
                Last date for objections: 02/21/06 - done
                Discharged: 02/24/06
                Case closed: 3/8/06

Comment

Is there really a "Beaver Falls"? Do the Beavers really fall? If so, how far before they go splat? I am a big fan of "beaver" myself. 2.33 gal for regular here, 2.55 premium.
                  "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

If my memory is any good, I believe Joe Namath is from Beaver Falls or very close by.

Comment

Originally posted by MRDEBTSTER
                      If my memory is any good, I believe Joe Namath is from Beaver Falls or very close by.

Correct...No wonder he looks at women laciviously!

(This response brought to you by: http://www.who2.com/ want to find out about a famous person? find it here! (well, not always...Just tried for "Meatloaf" and he's not there....)
                      Last edited by Genenco; 01-01-2006, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Broadway Joe and I left Beaver Falls at almost the same time. He was 18 and going to the Univ. of Alabama, I was 12 and we were moving to So. Cal.
                        Robivi, Never was sure where the name came from. I'd always assumed that it came from referring to dams as "falls" and the way the water runs over the dams. I will admit that I never saw any fall or had any land on me.
                        Re: Gas...I filled up early in the week for $2.05. Friday night it was up to $2.28. Like HRx said, seems go up on Fridays, but I was checking end of month and welfare, pension checks, etc and sur enough...screw the poor person again. Art

Comment

Originally posted by AAAArt
                          Broadway Joe and I left Beaver Falls at almost the same time. He was 18 and going to the Univ. of Alabama, I was 12 and we were moving to So. Cal.
                          Robivi, Never was sure where the name came from. I'd always assumed that it came from referring to dams as "falls" and the way the water runs over the dams. I will admit that I never saw any fall or had any land on me.
                          . Art

OK, humor for the new year.

The Summersville Dam was built between 1960 and 1968 at a cost of almost 48 Million Dollars in order to control flooding in the Gauley and Kanawha River areas and covers a drainage area of 803 square miles.

The Army Corps of Engineers has along standing policy of naming the new dams by the closet town, or someone famous from same town. However, in this case, they passed on both...

Why?

The nearest town is named "Gad"....

I thought it would have helped tourism frankly...

Comment

Well, our wonderful government in this state saw fit to raise gas tax by almost .03 a gallon. FUNNY I passed BASIC math, gas here Saturday was $2.17.99 and on Sunday morning it was $2.26.99 (I thought that was a .09 increase). GO figure.
                            I'll be watching, you may never know when or how, but I'll be there. I am there now....

Comment

Originally posted by sunshine08
                              Well, our wonderful government in this state saw fit to raise gas tax by almost .03 a gallon. FUNNY I passed BASIC math, gas here Saturday was $2.17.99 and on Sunday morning it was $2.26.99 (I thought that was a .09 increase). GO figure.
                              Wrong. That's not $.09, it's only $.03 x 3. ($.03 for the govt. $.03 for the middleman and $.03 for the little boy who lives down the lane.) Art

Comment

Sunshine, Californians set the trend, Florida follows. However Florida gets hosed before anyone else. I'm fighting for a new roof right now. seven years to go and I'm outta here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X