Through Hell and Back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Through Hell and Back...

I'm alive, it seems like I have been through Hell and Back the last couple of weeks. I've been so sick with pneumonia, my little girl with bronchitis, I thought we would never get well again. It's so good to be a part of the living world again.
    We take everyday life for granted, you don't realize that until you're ill. Unfortunately, illness struck me during a time of non insurance! Here come the billlsss.... And I thought I was finally out of debt after BK...
    What else is going to happen to me?

I've decided to take a trip to see my parents in Poland for a couple of months, they are nice enough to pay for me and my little girl to fly out there. During my stay with them I need to figure out if I will be leaving my husband or not... and starting a new life.
    So so so many changes in my life lately. I'm scared...
    Edyta...
    Discharged April 2005

Edy, it's 11 pm here so this will be short. Been there in 95', pneumonia. Lost most of my hearing for about three mos. also. Some permanent damage with the hearing. God Bless you and the child. I hope and pray things will work out in your marriage. Miracles do happen. If you can please post some pics of the trip. My grandfather is from Seidlce. he was an officer under the Kaiser back up until 1904.
    "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Robivi3,
      I will most definitively send you some pictures of Poland, I will mostly stay in Krakow , but I may visit other places, we'll see. Poland is a very beautiful and changed country, it has one of the fastest growing economies in Europe since communism fell. My parents have moved back to retire 3 years ago, the dollar goes much farther there.
      As far as your roots, I know of a town similar to what you are refereeing to; Siedlice. Siedlice is near Szczecin, which is by the Baltic sea near the border of Germany. A very beautiful area of Poland with strong cultural influence from the neighboring country.
      I'm in the process of getting a passport for my little one, I should still be arround until the end of September. Unfortunately, I don't have any digital pics of Poland right now since I last visited there in 2001 before owning a digital camera. Otherwise I would send you something now.
      Edyta...
      Discharged April 2005

Comment

Edytahome,

Boy girl, Know where your coming from...................
        As most of you might notice I was offline for about 7 days...
        Like you SICK AS A DOG - bronchitus, asthma flair-up real bad - HOSPITAL BAIT........ off work and in the bed...
        But now feeling better, back to work and among the living and yes its great to feel better........

You girl I can really understand how you feel......
        I'm sure all the extra medical bills and the little girl being sick too - sure didn't help anything. Its bad enough when the adults are sick - but when the little ones are too at the same time..........it makes it really difficult.

Sorry about your marriage problems - hope it works out....
        But you know - some things aren't meant to be "forever" and some people were really never meant to be partners for a lifetime... People do grow apart as they grow older...
        Many marry out of passion - not love and devotion....
        Hope your marriage can be saved........ if not ..... LIFE GOES ON......
        It makes it real hard on the children also, but sometimes they are better off if the marriage ends.....

Don't mean to be too outspoken, just my thoughts,

Take the trip to Poland - will be good for you/girl..... get your thoughts and prioties together and make decisions to effect the rest of your life - then live with them....
        Will do you good to get away from it all.......

Yeah, on the pictures, would love to see some of them too.

Keep in touch,

Minny
        Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

I'm a new to this board so don't know what you have been thru. Did you file BK? Are you leaving with issues tidyed up? Reason asking was I was think of going overseas for work but concerened about being out of the country during this wind up process......

Any (long term 10+ years) work in Poland, I'm game...Good luck I hope all works well for you.

Comment

Well, it's official. I'm leaving Oct 3rd for 2 months. I can't wait to get away for a while. I'm taking my dog with us, this will be an adventure.
            Edyta...
            Discharged April 2005

Comment

Originally posted by EdytaHome
              Well, it's official. I'm leaving Oct 3rd for 2 months. I can't wait to get away for a while. I'm taking my dog with us, this will be an adventure.

Sure don't want to be a wet blanket here, but you have checked with the legal aspects of bringing a animal into another country? MAn, some of the regs are freaking nuts..Some even have a 6 month "Kennel" lockup (And those fees add up!)

Hope you have a good time and be safe

Comment

Genenco is right about the "pet" thing...... they have to have all kinds of shots and can be kenneled for a month or more. You may have to reconsider taking the pet with you....

About 2 weeks and counting and you'll be on an "adventure" of a lifetime....sounds fantastic - am so jealous................

Me, I do well to get away for a weekend sometimes....and for years that wasn't even possible with an invalid in the house..

Edy, have a great time, take lots of pics, and post us as soon as you get back....

While your there, get your thoughts together, make those decisions you have been talking about and need to make, and come back a "new you"......and with a "new future" in sight......

LIfe will be good - if you make the right decisions, and let it all come together for ya....

Minny
                Minny

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Hi Edy,
                  You got the spelling right, not me. That's where he came from. He was a good, honest hard working man and i loved him dearly. He had some stories to tell and was a great blessing in my life. We hope you enjoy the trip, relax and soak in the sights. Poland was always a cultural anomoly in the communist block. We used to get magazines from there for my Grandfather, they never really "marched to the beat".

He was Prussian and I have his picture in the China cabinet with his Riding Boots, Spurs, Imperial Eagle Helmet when he graduated the Military School there. We also have the paper he signed when he entered Canada in which he swore that he was not an agent of the Kaiser but admitted to being a citizen of the German Empire. He considered himself Polish though he was Prussian and thus born German. I guess certain border issues were complicated then.
                  Last edited by robivi3; 09-21-2005, 11:39 AM.
                  "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Comment

EdytaHome - one of my best friends is from Warsaw. In fact, she and her daughter have gone back for the next few months and then back to the U.S. for good. She travelled back to her home country a few years ago when her mother was terminal. Her mother wanted to basically die in her own country and she did. She was so happy at the end. My friend(Sophia)'s daughter has had quite an educational experience living there for the past few years. She has friends which resembles the UN. She has been to France, England and Portugal. Another friend was able to fly back to Poland with her for a youth conference that was held in Germany. Do post pictures if you can. I would love to see them too. I have seen pictures from my friend and it is a beautiful place. I would have loved to have gone with them this last time but with tuition, truck note for son and insurance it was not possible and because of my BK I have learned - I dont have the money...I dont go. Have a great trip!

Comment

Thanks to All

Yes, we can't wait to get away, my little one and I. We are taking my German shepherd, I checked and he will not be quarantined, thank God. All he needs is a health certificate from the VET and a stamp from the USDA. Figure that? I'm probably going to leave my dog in Poland, especially if I plan on leaving my husband. It would be rather hard to get an apartment with a 105lb dog. I love that pup, I have had him for 8 years, he's going to retire in Poland now.

Poland is a beautiful country with many influences. During communism, Poland never gave in, farmers were always able to own their own land. Today, Poland is still very proud and is finally becoming strong and standing on it's own two feet. I'm proud to have been born there. I am an American now, I spent 24 years living in this country and I could never go back to Poland for good. The next two months are designed for me to regain myself and decide what I want to do. I'm very fortunate to have this opportunity.

Anyway, I applied for school again. I'm seriously thinking about a BSN in Nursing. Any nurses out there?
                      Edyta...
                      Discharged April 2005

Comment

You go for it, Girl..................go to nursing school, do your thing!!! You might be married now - but a girl needs to think about taking care of herself if the time came......

Have a blast in Poland........

Minny
                        Minny

Comment

We have all been chided as "pollocks" Edy. I have a real live Polish last name, the same exact first and last name as a famous author in fact. In Tennessee I never encountered any "Pollock" crap. That started down here with this alienated bunch of "Yankees" on Miami Beach who used all kinds of derisive terms for any Italian, Jewish, Black, Latin person. And nearly all of the people I heard these terms from were of one of those groups. New Yorkers are real up on ethnic terms.

I was made fun of as a Hillbilly (Tennessee, accent), Pollock (name) and a host of other things. I was called redneck and such silliness. In Nashville we dealt with Chinese, Egyptians, Indians and Hungarians (one of our close friends was a Medical Dr. "Csuba" Hedgevary who had escaped in 1969) associated with Vanderbilt University and Shirley Chisolm, the Black Candidate for President, I believe it was her, lived in our neighborhood. Us supposed Rasict Redneck Hillbillies had a hell of alot more decency in our references to each other than what I have been taught down here.

My Grandfather loved his Country and as I said even though he was born German in Poland he was proud to call himself Polish and we kept up with the quirkiness of Polish artists and with the political fight that never died since the 40's through the magazines he recieved from Poland each month. In his old age he became convinced that the FBI was watching him and when he was taken from the retirement home in Nashville to live in our house in Miami he was wheeled off the plane in his pajamas because he said that the FBI had planted the 96 year old man beside him in his room to spy on him and he didn't want him to follow him to the plane so he didn't take time to dress.

That being said that was his quirk in old age, he had worked hard all his life, become a loyal citizen and had earned the right to his eccentricity. He was a great man to me and my dad, a workaholic yes, and an honest man.

My mothers parents came to stay awhile while he was living with us in Nashville (after a stroke). My mother had cancer at the time and they were helping her. He had been a chief engineer for all of Davidson Lumber in Memphis. My mothers Dad was also in the lumber industry and as luck would have it had been fired by my fathers father 30 years before.

He accused my other Grandfather of stealing his razor (which was later found having fallen behind his dresser) and the arguing between the old men was absolutely the most non-violent hilarity you could imagine and we still laugh about it today. The culmination was always around Christmas when pension bonuses arrived and the rank of who's who in the Lumber-industry-pension-bonus began To the day she died my grandmother (mothers mother) swore that her husband had the bigger bonus. those months were like the Waltons meets Malcolm in the Middle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, 'nuff a that. Have a great trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Last edited by robivi3; 09-29-2005, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I'm leaving Monday, October 3rd. I tell you, I had my share of Polish jokes and name calling. I came to the States when I was 10 and as a kid I think it was rather difficult for me. Kids can be terribly cruel. All is better now, and other than my Polish first and last name (I married a Polak) no one can tell I'm not American. Like I said before, I am very proud to be from Poland and also very proud to be an American.
                            I'll be back on the forum ASAP when I get back Dec 8th, with Pictures to share. My Mom has internet so I may be able to peek in from time to time but probably not post.
                            Happy Halloween and Thanksgiving to my BK forum friends.
                            See ya alllllllll......... before X-Mas
                            Last edited by EdytaHome; 09-29-2005, 05:18 PM.
                            Edyta...
                            Discharged April 2005

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X