Less mail delivery days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Less mail delivery days

I think mail 5 days a week is plenty. As a business person though, I think no mail on Sat. & Sun would be better.
    Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
    341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
    Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

What happened to "Niether rain or snow..........?" It figures.

Hey, I'm a small time business. My business is to pay my late Income taxes of 30K. I need my stimulus to do this. Where 'Bammy is it? LOL. We are stuck. Stock pile, then "lock and load". LOL again. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I remember mail being delivered twice a day when I was a kid.

Advertisers have kept the post office afloat for the past few years.
        With the economy so bad, advertising is one of the expenses that a business cuts.

I have always complained about our post office. Huge brand new building, high overhead (ac runs constantly here), two conference rooms (for what I don't know), a retail section (selling bears and picture frames) and a massive lobby. Only two lines for customers.

Post Office needed to be privatized years ago.

All they need is a single wide trailer with two customer lines and room in the back for sorting.

And.....if they did this, they would not have to lay off any mail workers.

Comment

fltoo, you are so right! I remember when all of the post offices used to be small and much more 'efficient' (you have to be careful with that word when speaking of post office service!!).

Now they are huge detached buildings with tons of overhead and extra expenses and certainly much less efficient. There are three major post office locations within 10 minutes of me! It is a business plan designed for failure. It's just too easy for the post office to keep raising the stamp price as opposed to actually controlling expenese.
          Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
          Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

I agree. So they deliver on Saturday? Big deal, so I can get bills but most companies cannot get or process a payment on the weekend as they are closed.
            I am not sure how much money they will save but I think it's about time we go to M-F delivery only.

Comment

Sort of surprised but it wouldn't bother me much if they didn't delivery on Tuesdays.

Comment

My only concern is priority mail since i do alot of ebay. The bigger thing is how will it affect workers? And companies that depend on the USPS. Cutting one day will cut consumption of cetrtain goods. All in all it makes sense. The average person standing online is usually a befuddled patron unaware that almost all they are doing can be done online or in the lobby. All you have to do is sign up for an acct and boxes and such are free. then you drop most boxes in the dump box in the lobby
                "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X