Will The Stimulus Money Help the Poor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will The Stimulus Money Help the Poor

I was just told by someone that if you are in a catagory of being poor, unemployed, have never had a job, getting public assistance or something along those lines, any stimulus money given to a particular group will never trickle down to you if you fit one of these labels? Does anybody know about this?

What the 25 dollar a week extra we got? Get real!! President polosi is such a joke.

Comment

$25 a week would certainly help me out since I just took a 5% pay cut. For some of us $100 more a month WILL make a difference. That's gas money and an electric bill.

If $25 a week is a joke to you then you're not hurting as much as you think you are. What do you expect, a million dollar handout? The point is not to hold everyone's hand and make all of their troubles go away, it's to make things a little better and more manageable.
      12/05/08 - filed pro se
      01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
      04/01/09 - new 341 scheduled
      6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brighterdays View Post
        What the 25 dollar a week extra we got? Get real!! President polosi is such a joke.
        Well, you could GIVE IT BACK.

I mean, IF the far right hypocrites truly believe in what they preach, then they would certainly NOT take anything from the government, right?

Hypocrites? - jb
        jb - A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes.
        Filed - 2/27/09
        341 - 4/3/09
        Discharged - 6/20/2009

Comment

Originally posted by jeb View Post
          Well, you could GIVE IT BACK.

I mean, IF the far right hypocrites truly believe in what they preach, then they would certainly NOT take anything from the government, right?

Hypocrites? - jb
          It isn't the government's money.

Comment

Originally posted by exhausted View Post
            It isn't the government's money.
            Bingo!!!!!!!!!!
            Thank you all so much for all the information I have received on this forum.
            Chapter 7 filed 04/02/2009
            341 Meeting 05/19/2009
            60 day club awaiting discharge

Comment

Originally posted by Brighterdays View Post
              What the 25 dollar a week extra we got?
              $25.00???

After taxes, my paycheck went up a whopping $3.00.

Must be the tax bracket I am in.
              Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
              341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
              Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
              Discharged - 10/06/2009

Comment

In truth the 'stimulus' was never about saving the poor, it was about propping up various special interests that politicians from both sides of the aisles wanted to court.
                May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Far Right Hipocrytes? It wasn't Obama's money to spend, nor for that matter George Bush's. Sorry, that cut down just doesn't fly. Take from the Government? The truth is that the people finally, fully learned the secret, that you can vote yourself money from the public treasury. That you can burden others pockets to make up for your mistakes or lack of means. That has destroyed nearly every free society. It tag teams with a decline in moral values. And there is no political label on that, Republicans simply grow bearaucracy at a slower rate. It is my money and my greatgrandkids money that they have looted by force.
                  "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X