Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maxed Out

Has anyone seen Maxed Out?
    It's on one of the showtime channels a few times in the coming week...I'm tapingg it for DH tomorrow around 5ish MST.
    Fascinating.
    Especially the part about MBNA being Baby Bush's largest campaign contributer and the author of his bankruptcy bill.
    Ick.
    7/27/09 Filed Chapter 7
    9/3/09 341
    11/3/09 Discharge Date

Just watched it today -- it's a "watch instantly" on Netflix.

It was gut-wrenching and surprising.
    Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
    341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

Thank you for bringing this up. I want to see it.

I just looked at Showtime for Sunday and it's on SHOW3E at 7:30 PM EST.

I have it set to DVR.
      Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
      341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
      Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
      Discharged - 10/06/2009

Comment

I BK'd 17k with MBNA, they never showed. I think on the books they got alot more than the 17K.
        "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

I watched this about a week ago - It will make you mad and sad.

You can watch it for free online at veoh.com. Not the best copy of it in the world but watchable.

I wish I had Showtime than I could TIvo and keep a copy on tape myself.

It is definatley must see. If you don't hate your cc companies now, you will after you watch this.

I think it should be recommended viewing for those going through Bankruptcy - you won't feel guilty about filing BK after you watch this!.
          "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
          http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
          1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Comment

I think all teenagers should watch it. We're making our oldest see it.
            7/27/09 Filed Chapter 7
            9/3/09 341
            11/3/09 Discharge Date

Comment

Originally posted by ease View Post
              Has anyone seen Maxed Out?
              It's on one of the showtime channels a few times in the coming week...I'm tapingg it for DH tomorrow around 5ish MST.
              Fascinating.
              Especially the part about MBNA being Baby Bush's largest campaign contributer and the author of his bankruptcy bill.
              Ick.

I think everyone that filed should watch it. For those that "feel guilty" about filing this movie will fix you right up.

BOA owns them now.

I wouldn't keep pushing the "Bush this, Bush that" (not that I like G Bush cause I don't) but President Osama was in bed with Fannie & Freddie. They both suck!
              The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

BoA has one big cc debt of ours, plus our MBNA acct (another big debt), our checking, and now our mortgage.

Comment

Originally posted by BkinTX View Post
                  BoA has one big cc debt of ours, plus our MBNA acct (another big debt), our checking, and now our mortgage.

Move your checking account to another bank now. BOA is known for taking funds out of the bank account to satisfy past due debt. They do not need a judgment to do it either, they can do it with the right of setoff that you agree to when you open a bank account with them. They do not have to give notice.
                  Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                  Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

We pulled all but 10 bucks from BoA and opened a new account. Paralegal warned us they would try to grab what little money we do have if we left it in that account.

They haven't touched the 10 yet...

We do auto-pay for our mortgage. BoA can't dig into our new checking account without permission can they?

Comment

Not if the new account is at a different bank/CU.
                      Then they have to go through the actual legal process.

However, I would officially close the BOA account - they have been known to overdraft the account and charge lots of OD fees. Just ask BigBoy (I think its bigboy) do a search
                      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

That's the plan for tomorrow! Close out the account!

I really appreciate the input.

Comment

Oooh, now I am worried. I have a Chase checking account and two of my creditors that I will be getting rid of are two Chase cc's.

I had asked my lawyer about this - can Chase taken money out of my checking account when I don't pay my cc bills? He said no that my checking account in protected. He knew how much money was in my account and all my cc info. I have 3K right now left.

Is this not true? Should I take out my money and close my Chase account?

My case gets filed this week and my two cc bills are due next week. First time I will not have paid.

I dont want to raise any flags for my BK but I don't want Chase to take away any money I have left for living expenses.
                          "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
                          http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
                          1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Comment

Queen....

Get that money away from Chase....right now....Go somewhere else where you have no debt relationships. They will try to take it. They may even go so far as to freeze your accounts and it is a mess to get it undone. Even though they are not supposed to do it...they do it anyway.

Good luck.
                            Filed - 12/24/08 (Merry Christmas Credit Cards!)
                            341 - 2/5/09
                            Confirmation - 3/13/09....Happy Dance!!!

Comment

I'm pretty mad that I didn't get to see this movie yet. I had it set to record Sunday night and sometime Saturday night, my DVR decided to crap out on me, so I had to go get a new one on Monday.

They are playing it again on Showtime Wednesday morning at 10:45 AM EST.
                              Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
                              341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
                              Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
                              Discharged - 10/06/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X