top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No diamonds, no coach handbags, no problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No diamonds, no coach handbags, no problems!

Happy Mother's Day! No gifts at our house just a simple dinner with the family and it was all great. Never thought I would say that. At least I know I will not be paying for my gift and my Mom's gift 3 years from now.

At least you got to have a nice dinner with the family.

DH who is an OTR Truck Driver left around 10 am this morning headed to Indiana. Haven't heard from my son or the grandchildren, but he is Worship Leader at his church and I'm sure one of the grandkids probably had a ball game this afternoon. Hoping he will call me after church tonight.

Ya know, it's getting down right expensive to buy cards and now postage stamps are going up 2 cents again tomorrow. I have kept every card DH and I have received. But because of being poor, we don't send cards anymore except to the grandkids. The grandkids cards and the mailing of our sewer bill each month is the only time I use snail mail.

I like paying all my bills online.

Happy Mother's Day To You Too!

Luci

Comment

Happy Mother's Day! Glad to see you realize this Hallmark holiday isn't actually a material one. My daughter and I have been playing board games and watching movies on TV. I have a teenage daughter who likes to hang out with me. That makes every day Mother's Day!
      12/05/08 - filed pro se
      01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
      04/01/09 - new 341 scheduled
      6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Luci, You have a great night. I am sorry your family was absent today. I would give my husband up to go to work. He has no job right now. Seems we all have our highs and lows. I am sure your family spent the day thinking of you. If you don't hear it from them take it from me. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!! Blessings! Nikki

Comment

Kkole425, Loved your original post! Don't you see things so much clearer now? You're right, it was nice getting "things" on occassions like this, but we'd be literally paying on them for years as most of them were charged. There are more important things in life and it takes going through BK to realize it!

Comment

Aww You Two....I'm smiling and have tears in my eyes. I am 100% disabled and spend a lot of time on the computer with Chronic Pain Support Groups exchanging posts. When I needed 1 of the 7 surgeries I've had since the car wreck in 3/05, I had a lady on one of the support groups who lived in Alabama come stay with me for a week after my surgery. It was really neat as we had never met. I know I healed faster just because I had someone who knew the pain I was going through.

It's just like this Forum. I don't talk to anybody about our Bankruptcy including DH as he doesn't understand it. At least here, I can relate and let some 'bad vibes' leave my body knowing there are others in the same boat.

Nikki, I truly hope and pray your hubby finds a job Soon.
            Blankslate, will be praying your make some good money selling Avon.

Ny DH was in the hospital for a week in April and off work for the rest of the month. I was at the hospital every day and when he came home, I had to clean, clean & more cleaning, smooth RX ointment on his leg, place tefla pads all over it & wrap it in guaze. Plus I had to cook which I don't do as he is usually gone during the week & it's hard for me to do a lot of cooking. I live on oatmeal, yogurt & sometimes a Lean Cuisine when he is gone.

Well, it's getting late and no phone call. I'm sure the grandkids are in bed.
            So Good Evening to Ya'll

Hugs,

Luci

PS My son just called me. He has been in bed the last 2 days with a Migraine. He sounded all drugged up. I know about Migraines...I've had them on and off for 30 yrs.
            Last edited by LuciluS; 05-10-2009, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Luci, I'm glad your son called and sorry to hear about his migraine. It's hard to do anything at all with those, especially hold a phone to your ear. Happy Mother's Day from us too!

I just got some sad news that my ex's aunt passed away today from apparently a heart attack. She was only 49 with 3 children who are all in their 20's. Pray for her kids... Mother's Day will never be the same for them
              12/05/08 - filed pro se
              01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
              04/01/09 - new 341 scheduled
              6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blankslate View Post
                Luci, I'm glad your son called and sorry to hear about his migraine. It's hard to do anything at all with those, especially hold a phone to your ear. Happy Mother's Day from us too!

I just got some sad news that my ex's aunt passed away today from apparently a heart attack. She was only 49 with 3 children who are all in their 20's. Pray for her kids... Mother's Day will never be the same for them
                O My Goodness That's is awful. Yes, I will keep her kids in my Daily Prayers asking the Lord to give comfort and guidance through their journey of childhood to adulthood and pray their mother was saved before she passed away.

Luci

Comment

I wish we could do this at my house, this society is way to much about amterial objects and lacks the more important aspects.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X