Let's creat jobs here~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's creat jobs here~

I got to thinking with the GM and Chrysler BKs that maybe we ought to change things.
    That and the post currently running about the unemployment in the auto industry.
    We all know that some cars and trucks are made out of this country by the Big 3 and them brought in for cheaper labor.
    Why do we allow this and why can't it change?
    What do you think??

They can't bring the jobs back because... American workers won't work for the same wages they pay overseas, we think we're worth more... and the government of whatever state they went into would want a big chunk... and all this would make the prices too high, and we would all complain that they were charging too much for cars and how we can't afford them. Other than that, it's a great idea!
    BKForum Blog: The Journey

sigpic

Comment

The whole outsourcing thing - don't even get me started on it! It is the main reason I am leaving IT and going into green career that can't be outsourced.

I keep thinking that one day it will be "overdone" and the "scale will be tipped in the wrong direction" (the whole sourcing and H1B thing) and the companies who ignored qualified Americans for jobs just to make their CEO's richer will one day wonder why Americans aren't buying their products anymore - Well, we have no jobs because you gave them all away people overseas and we have no money now to buy your S**T so there!

I believe that one day the process will bite them in the ass. I mean, how many damn yachts does one CEO need?
      "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
      http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
      1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Comment

I agree !! Everytime you pick up a toy in a toy store, read the label " made in china" give me a F**** break ! Not to mention if you need to call a customer service on anything, your call is tranfered over seas I get so damn frustrated that i just ask them if they have anyone who speaks english in there department if not i just hang up !! What ever happend to the good old days ??
        Filed on 7-17-09
        waiting for 341
        341 meeting 8-21-09
        discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

I remember well when my folks ran a small Mom and Pop store near a housing area in the 40s and 50s. They even got a branch Post Office contract in the early 50s.
          I can also remember my Dad telling me as a young man the corporations were going to ruin this country.
          I just never thought I would live long enough to see corporate greed take us this far!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X