Where would you go ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where would you go ???

if you could live any place in the United States where would that be and why ? I'll start .. I'd like to move back to northern Wisconsin were i grew up, small town in the name of Stone lake .. Best days of my life.. I truly felt safe. damn miss the good ol days
    Filed on 7-17-09
    waiting for 341
    341 meeting 8-21-09
    discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Man, it's still chilly here in Wisconsin. Don't come here. lol

I don't know where I would go honestly. We do miss Delaware oddly enough. I do know I want to move back towards Boston again someday... I miss New England.

Comment

I will still pick the SF Bay area, scenic and tons of parks, you can snow ski, go for a walk along the beach, visit wineries, all within a few hours drive.It is an outdoors lover's paradise! (though expensive, it offers a ton of diversity)

Comment

Originally posted by hopeforus View Post
        Man, it's still chilly here in Wisconsin. Don't come here. lol

I don't know where I would go honestly. We do miss Delaware oddly enough. I do know I want to move back towards Boston again someday... I miss New England.
        what part of Wisconsin are you from Hope, I currently live in Florida and i hate the heat !!! Been here 29 years and thats long enough !

And just how cold is it ?
        Filed on 7-17-09
        waiting for 341
        341 meeting 8-21-09
        discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

St. Thomas in the US Virgin Islands. DH and I have been there 3 times and love the climate, beaches & Truck Drivers are needed over there.

Hmmm, let's just say that is what DH says. I know teachers starting pay is like $90,000. Had a Taxi driver tell me that along with a shopkeeper.

Luci
          Last edited by LuciluS; 06-10-2009, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Lucilu - good choice! I had a cousin who moved there (temporarily for her husband's job), but she couldn't stand it and came right back! Islands are apparently not as much fun with small children.

Next choice is the beach on the panhandle in Florida. It's hot and the bugs are huge, but it's beautiful and the living is cheap.
            Filed non-consumer no asset Chapter 7 on 7-12-10 after 4 foreclosures, 7 lawsuits including 2 deficiencies, 2 wage garnishments, a bank garnishment and a partridge in a pear tree. 341 held on 8-11-10. Discharge 11-4-10.

Comment

Well, that depends. Are we living in a fantasy world or in a semi-realistic one? In a fantasy world I would move to Hawaii, probably either Oahu or the Big Island...and then vacation on the other islands! I don't think I would ever set foot on the mainland again.

In a more realistic world, my husband and I have actually discussed it. We were thinking about Phoenix or Las Vegas, partly because we heard that job market was decent in both places and we kind of liked the idea of both places. If I could have the nice warm ocean (South Carolina or somewhere) without the risk of hurricanes, I would choose there, but again, we're back in a fantasy world.

It's always nice to take that break from reality and dream a bit!

Comment

Well, I would have to say that I am living where I would choose to go. That is on property my g-grandfather bought in 1860, and we are still here.

We live in 22 acres of woods, with several hundred feet on the St Johns River. So we are more or less ready for the bad times a-coming.

We can fish, and I shot at a raccoon tonight and saw several rabbits in the yard. So we can eat if 'push comes to shove.'

The only problem is the fact that some of the state roads are too close, and with the rains, these ‘black helicopters’ known as the Asian Tiger Mosquitoes are murderous.
                "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by SweetGeorgia View Post
                  Lucilu - good choice! I had a cousin who moved there (temporarily for her husband's job), but she couldn't stand it and came right back! Islands are apparently not as much fun with small children.

Next choice is the beach on the panhandle in Florida. It's hot and the bugs are huge, but it's beautiful and the living is cheap.
                  No little ones for me, except 3 grandchildren..8,10, & 12. I've always wanted to live near a beach since I was a little girl and hubby has to!

Luci

Comment

Hi Luci, we have riverfront, beachfront LOL

Comment

I'm fine where I am here in rural North Carolina.
                      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                        Hi Luci, we have riverfront, beachfront LOL
                        I bet you do they're on the St. John's River where ya go fishing!

O I really would like to have said a one level log cabin nestled in trees on about 10-20 acres with an oceanfront view & handicapped accessible to the beach. Now I said ocean and beach. Doesn't really have to be the ocean.

I've been known to swim & ski is some mighty nice clear lakes and the Ocean. I used to so swimming in the Arkansas river of which my ex-husband said I was going to die there because of tirbulent current. (O Hello? I'm still here Buddy!)

Ya ever seen an individual where ya get one of those vinyl like lifejacket with 3 straps in the front & instead of putting your head thru it and your arms. We would takes our & put our two feet in jacket, pull it up over your hiney & viola! snap the straps in front of your tummy. Looks like your wearing a Diaper That way, ya have your hands free to have a pop/beer/whatever in one hand & a lit cigarette in the other.

I grew up going camping & swimming every weekend. My twin sis, me Mom, bless her pea pickin heart, would pack up after school on Fri. Hook up on to a 17 ft. boat to the bumper of dad & mom's 3/4 ton pickup. Now I'm talking in the early to mid 60s.

Mom was on 4'9" tall. She drove with her eyes looking thru the steering wheel!
                        O Did we ever get 2nd Look Oopps, one time we didn't get the tongue of the boat trailer attached properly & we heard this bang & felt a jolt. O Me, it had Big Tall Shell Camper over the bed & top of of the truck. Was nice..had a toilet, shower, oven, stove & fridge. Mom pulls over & the front end of the trailer went thru the door entrance to the trailer; but, it didn't go all the way thru. So we hitched her back on theright this time & off we went.

Mom would back that truck down the boat ramp & slam on her brakes while sis and I floated out into the lake in the boat. They had a lot of friends (who had friends our age, Too) who went camping too. Somebody always made up on Thurs. night, to get our campground sites all together. Sis or I would drive around the lake until we found them.

Water Sking, Aw Man, I had the shortest white ski(s). I could shalom or use two. I can remember My Dad who pulled 9 of us teenagers behind that boat one time. We used to spray it other. Go under and over each of us. That boat was purty too! Dark Green.

O, those were the 'Good Ole Days' as a teenager.

Now I want to live 'the Good Ole Golden Age Days'.

Where there is 'Water' & it's preferrable clean, no snakes. Get my lawn chair just barely sitting in the 'water', a ice chest full of Iced Tea & a good book to read, I would be set for the rest of the day!

Luci
                        Last edited by LuciluS; 06-10-2009, 09:18 PM. Reason: typo typo typo and more typos

Comment

Well, I can't say that there are no snakes, and certainly no mosquitoes, but should you get an urge to come to Florida for a visit, we will see what we can do for you.

Comment

I want to live in the Sarasota area, Longboat key, Siesta key. We used to vacation there alot I am going to miss those vacations. I live in NH but I don't belong here. I live for the summer and it only lasts 3 months. Fantacy location, Turks & Caicos, the most beautiful place on earth!

Comment

Well depending if I get to keep my property (which is just dirt right now) in San Felipe Mexico..It a well guarded american retirement resort in a small fishing village.
                              Please let me keep my property??? Mr Trustee....Thats where I want to go...get enough money to build a small home and live in peace and quiet and oh yea golf...my dirt is about 50 yards away from one of the holes. Its called El Dorado Ranch and its just beautiful there

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X