Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking in from Poland!

Hey All,
    I see all is OK at the forum, congrats to Minny for becoming a moderator.
    My dog and we (me and my daughter) made it OK to Poland, 9 & 1/2 hour flight from Chicago.

Just wondering if everyone knows about the European big scare of the Bird Flu? I couldn't belive the amount of pigeons around the main square out in town. No wonder people are concerned here. Of course, my little one decided that she was going to chase the birds around (which are not scared of people, btw), I was in total fear. The bird droppings are everywhere, how horrible.
    Anyway, I hope to come home well and safe expecially after our last illness state side.

Other than that, Poland is very beautiful especially in the fall.
    Edyta...
    Discharged April 2005

Glad you guys are OK. Updates when possible! Crime? Pics? Any info!
    And above all, enjoy. The most maligned Country of brave people on Earth. How do your parents live? How are homes and kitchens and facilities different from us? You know why I am hungry to know.
    God Bless and enjoy! I hope the little one loves her visit!
    "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Enjoy your trip and relax. Thanks for the update and the check in.
      I'll be watching, you may never know when or how, but I'll be there. I am there now....

Comment

What part of Poland are you at? I've heard nice things about the country and hope to one day visit myself.

Comment

GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU......

Enjoy yourself and have a blast... I'm so jealous!!!
          We have missed you on the forum, so keep in touch with us as you can and let us know how your trip is going....

Remember your a stranger there, so don't let them take advantage of you....

Keep in touch,

Minny
          Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Thanks all.
            I'm in Krakow, as mentioned before. Life is much much different here, most people spend their entire lives living in small condos/apartments of maybe 600 sq. ft. Mess transportation is very well developed here so cars are luxuries although most Poles have them now. It's getting expensive here, and things such as shoes and clothing are about the same price if not more than in the States. Food is still cheaper. Cost of living is cheaper (utilities, taxes...) Health care is free, Poles enjoy extensive social programs such as 6 months maternity leave and 3 years of unemployment benefits.
            My folks decided to go on an early retirement, they couldn't afford to do it in the States so they came here. My Dad has heart problems. They were fortunate enough to have money to build a very nice large home on a huge lot (for Polish standards). My daughter and dog are happy to have room to run. I wish I could post pics right away, but I'll have to wait till I get back, they're all on my digital camera. I'll have to figure out how to do it as well, since there is a size requirement for posting and most of my pictures are huge.
            Anyway, it's late here, got to run.
            Edyta...
            Discharged April 2005

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X