• Show
Clear All

No job & BK

Is their any rule for jobless and bk?

Rule 1 :: Jobless + BK = C7;

Comment

Originally posted by Kim2009 View Post
      Is their any rule for jobless and bk?

Hi Kim. Losing a job definitely does NOT mean BK. You should be able to collect unemployment and live on the emergence money you saved.

Thanks and Good Luck

Comment

I asked a lawer that (which you should as well) and he said to me: Do not go BK unless you have a job and have health insurance. If you go BK before you have health insurance, you may have a heart attack or accident, need expensive medical care and be without insurance and totally in debt with new medical bills, & because you went BK already, cannot go BK again. I suppose you might have cobra, but it only lasts for 6 months (last time I checked), and from what I have seen, even to get a lower paid job takes a year these days. I was on a waiting list for 5 months for a part time job. You aso have to consider that you may end up making a half of your former pay and have to consider that "good enough." With insurance, you can pay those potential medical bills. I lost my job for a year, and have a job now, but no insurance-- I am not planning on going BK until I am covered by medical insurance even if I do have a job.

Comment

Originally posted by sigferl View Post
          Hi Kim. Losing a job definitely does NOT mean BK. You should be able to collect unemployment and live on the emergence money you saved.

Thanks and Good Luck
          Thanks for your enormously helpful post sigferl.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X