What more to expect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What more to expect

Ok, this is the 15th of July, my last day for objections is Aug. 4th. I am no assets.

I have heard from no one. My house I am buying on contract. I have a real good relationship with the home owner and continue to make my payments each month. I told them I intend to keep the house and since the TT isn't coming after the house I don't think they are asking for any reaffirmation or anything. I have 24 payments to make and I own this house. So that was one of my secured creditors.

The Harley I co owned with my BF who is not filing and continues to make the payments each month. I have heard nothing from them either.

The other secured property I have is a cargo trailer worth less than 5K and I owe around that on it. I have 5 years of payments left I think. I send payments to HSBC. I have continued to make those payments on time also.
    I have heard nothing from my attorney about reaffirmation on anything. The only thing I would consider reaffirming is the cargo trailer because I need it for work.

So with 14 business days left to objections and no other paperwork from my attorney. Should I be doing something these last few weeks or just sit back and continue to count the days?
    Filed 5/11/09 Chapter 7
    341 Meeting 6/5/09
    Discharged 8/5/09
    Case Closed 8/6/09

Since you have no "clear assets" of value to sell the Trustee will probably not bother you and your discharge will go thru by Aug 8th.
    The home the Trustee will not go after as its under a "land contract" and the original owner really owns it till you pay it off.
    The motorcycle is co-signed for so it would cost most than its worth to file and take your share of the motorcyle in cash.
    The cargo trailer belongs to the creditor (who is still getting paid) so the trustee will leave that alone too.
    If you have nothing of "instant cash value" the Trustee will normally not bother going after anything you have.
    Hopefully you will see that "discharge" on Aug 8th..... Good Luck
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

is there any any possibility that the tt will not go after my rental proprty in SC? Is my attorney ripping me off? $3000 up front, additional for adding creditors , additional for objections?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X