Just a rant - hard to feel sorry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a rant - hard to feel sorry...

So, I KNOW you guys will understand whereas others might see my "lack of compassion".

I know this person - not good friends - just kinda talk once in a while. Anyways, they filed Ch 7 about 2-3 years ago and she knows we are in the process of filing. She's always moaning about not having money and not having enough for groceries, etc. I just kinda nod and agree that times are tight. But she got a new fancy car, she got some new electronics, she got a new kitchen with new applicances and more stuff! She asks me how I save money and I share my tips. But it's like it's "too much work" to do what I do. I spend about 2 hours a week with coupons, scouring the paper for sales, etc. and save about $500 a month on everything from food, diapers, clothes, and other household goods.

It just irks me because if things are so tight, and you might lose the house, car, and not have enough to put food on the table, then what the heck are you doing buying luxury items!?!?! We are all at BK for different reasons and I'm not judging anyone - heck there are even people that have valid reasons for falling into BK again. I'm just saying it's hard to feel sorry for someone who keeps making the same mistakes and then keeps blaming everyone else!

While I relate to your frustration, I don't think it's worth your energy. You, obviously, have exerted considerable energy into redesigning your finanacial future. Cheers to you! You've kindly offered advice and it appears to have fallen on deaf ears.

There are plenty of finger pointers in this world. The are plenty who maintain an irrational sense of entitlement. There are plenty who sacrifice reality in their pursuits to "keep up with the Jones". Bankruptcy, in such cases, doesn't guarantee people will overcome the financial mismanagement that initially spurred it.
    *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

We know, you know, everyone knows. You don't want to approach it like an ex-smoker. Everyone has to decide for themselves the risks they are willing to take. buying things is addictive. One person's happiness is another person's hell. She might never have to consider bankruptsy, no matter how many solid gold bathtubs she buys.

Comment

For some reason, many people are unreasonably attached to unnecessary "things". They don't realize that it isn't their "right" to have everything that others have. It's always been that way, and sadly, always will be that way for some.
        Filed Joint, No Asset, > $100,000 Unsecured Ch.7 6/7/13 ~~ 341 Meeting 7/15/13 ~~ Discharged 9/16/13 !!

Comment

Originally posted by cleanslate01 View Post
          But it's like it's "too much work" to do what I do. I spend about 2 hours a week with coupons, scouring the paper for sales, etc. and save about $500 a month on everything from food, diapers, clothes, and other household goods.
          That scouring is one of the highest paying jobs you'll ever get. I'm as bad as you about that. If I can't come out of ANY store (including the grocery store) with at least a 40% discount, I feel like I've overpaid.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X