Now Hiring: Everywhere You Didn't Want to Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now Hiring: Everywhere You Didn't Want to Work

I think the only good that can come out of the severe unemployment we see is most folks will now see just what's important and I guess grow up.

What I mean is when times are good you see newspaper polls (which BTW even they are filing bk and laying off) or the television and internet media always worried about things like the kyoto protocol or some other job hurting government regulation and all the polls indicate as long as so many are working then the environment is more important.

Once these job and financial situations hit home suddenly everything changes.

Please don't think I am anti clean environment or anti wildlife. This just isn't true about me. I'm just making the point that pretty much all of you found out that your income and strong businesses to keep us working are as important if not more important then what the media is feeding you.

Wallet's impact Historically, Americans have said it is more important to prioritize the environment, especially when the economy is booming. In 1995, 62% favored the environment, and in 2000, 70% said the environment should be the government's top priority.

(This kind of makes me wonder if the above 62 to 70% is now cleaning up chicken carcasses or raw sewage.)

The Las Vegas Review-Journal is Nevada's most trusted source for local news, Las Vegas sports, business news, gaming news, entertainment news and more.
    The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Yep. It is Cra* the job market is pitiful. I am here and long term unemployed. Believe me. They hire and fire in the same breath. The unemployed are cattle. This is the slaughterhouse. Basically, Welcome, Screw you, Goodbye.

Comment

Another thing we are going to see more of is families of three generations cramming themselves into a house to cut the bills down. More roommates, tighter quarters, that sort of thing.

But these times will pass. The 90s was a fairy-tale lifestyle on too much borrowing and economic bubbles. Since at least February, we have been "bouncing at the bottom"... but fear not, it will end eventually. Drink water instead of soda, play cards instead of going shopping, spend more time with the kids instead of bar-hopping, do whatever it takes to get by frugally and without losing sanity. Better times will return, but very slowly.

It is what it is. We can't change it, but we can get through it. Remember the stories our grandparents and great-grandparents told us and be grateful for what we have.
        Filed Joint, No Asset, > $100,000 Unsecured Ch.7 6/7/13 ~~ 341 Meeting 7/15/13 ~~ Discharged 9/16/13 !!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X