Question about a "review" and "previous bank accounts"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about a "review" and "previous bank accounts"

What exactly is going to be involved in a "review" by the attorney? I never hear anyone talk about the details...I guess its just a review? lol

Secondly, they want all of my bank accounts for six months back. I close all of mine like three months ago, I only use prepayed cards now because its so much freakin easier to me just a personal preference. by the time the case comes around it will be six months should I even trouble to pull all of that?

I've read some of the NOLO book. The trustees can go back as far as 2 years and pretty much ask for anything they want. They can also visit your house and look through your stuff. They generally do not. If they think you are trying to hide something, they will, no matter if you waited six months or not.

BK laws were made because they used to throw debtors in jail and sell their kids to work houses to pay their debts. I think that you have to be absoultely honest and willing to lose some things for the privledge of getting let off the hook for your debts.

If you had bank accounts 6 months ago and closed them, and if they want the numbers then give them the numbers. It is not hurting you any, so I don't see the point. The time of your filing is the cut off date, not the time when the case might come up. They trust you, so you can't play them. That is contempt of court, isn't it? Who would do that? I don't know.

First of all they can pull a credit report as well as you or anyone. If it is found you omitted facts, then you get in trouble. I've been told to not rely on my memory-- use the credit report. That is very important because THEY will use it too, and it needs to match.

By review, do you mean the meeting? You give them everything. All your deeds, car titles, W-2 forms, Mortagages, Loan applictions, Bank accounts, 5 years of taxes and debts and lists of what you own basically own, down to the penny if you are doing it right. Some things don't count. They do not care about the shoes on the closet floor-- just the nice things you own.

Comment

Just don't hide anything. If you did something foolish, try to explain why, there has to be a reason. Just be honest and collect whatever paperwork you need. Don't give anyone a reason to scrutinize. If you seem to be hiding something, a trustee will assume you're hiding even more.

You'll need to get the bank account history that they ask for. 3-6 months is a relatively short history, so there's no reason to omit it. You'll be fine.
      Filed Joint, No Asset, > $100,000 Unsecured Ch.7 6/7/13 ~~ 341 Meeting 7/15/13 ~~ Discharged 9/16/13 !!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X