Solicitor Calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solicitor Calls

I don't know why, but all of the sudden I am getting calls to "reduce my credit card interest rates" via recorded messages. Funny, I don't have any credit cards.
    I am registered with the Do Not Call Registry and have been for a long time. I just don't get these types of calls.
    I report anyone and everyone that calls me for solicitation and it really reduces the phone calls I get.
    Do yourself a favor, if you are not registered do so. If you are and you still get calls report them via the Do Not Call site. It's so easy to do, all you need is the phone number of the company and the name if it shows on the caller ID.
    I know people that registered their phone number, still get calls and whine because they get them but they have never filed a complaint. Oh well.

I'm registered to but lately I've been getting them too
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

I know that a lot of people who are on the do not call list don't quite understand how it works, and think that it blocks all unsolicited calls. Of course it does not. The companies who can legally call you are surveys and polls, charities asking for donations, and companies that you are doing business with already. I worked in telephone polling and sales (out of desperation), and all those calls were legal.

In short, who is doing the calling. Are they part of, or owned by any companies you have a relationship with?

You can ask them to put you on their no call list, but it is not permanant. It only lasts until their next "campaign."

Comment

If I don't know who is calling I don't answer the phone.
        If it's a solicitor they hear my recording.

"Hi, I am not taking calls at the moment. If you are a solicitor, charity or taking a poll or survey I don't want to talk to you anyway and I am revoking your right to call me.
        If you call me again I will report you accordingly.
        Others may leave a message at the sound of the tone."

It works for me~~~

Comment

The do not call protection is only about 5 years. Companies you have previously had business reationshops with are exempt from do not call lists until you have not had business with them for a certain amount of years. When you opened your account there was usually a check box telling you if you allowd such phone calls. The only way to stop them is go back to the bank and tell the bank you do not want calls. It is plausable that a bank or someone you are still doing business with has a deal with a telemarketing firm. It is all very legal. If you get a call like this. Take it and nicely tell the person on the other end to take you off their (the company's) call list. These people are getting minimum wage so don't go shooting your bile at them. But the only way to get permanetly off the call list is to go to the Bank and sign paperwork. The telemarkiting firms wil not help you to figure this out.

So, check to see if your no-call list is still in effect, also anyone who is on a call list is there because they are doing business with some company that's given their number to a telemarketer. So if BOA bought Wells Fargo, the list of names goes with them. There are strict (like 10K) fines for each illegal call-- so most of the calls are legal-- somehow you have to figure out how you can get rid of the callers. If the caller ask to speak to a particular person (like the woman in the household who has had the most recent birthday) you have to say "that's me" and then, you can say "take me off your list." Most people get pissed off and don't realize that the caller provides you with the tools to get out of the call.

I have never gotten a phone call from a telemarketer. When opening any kind of account I always check "I want no calls of any sort from you" or whatever wording they use.

I am sure collections are a different beast totally.
          Last edited by Iwantmyname; 08-28-2009, 07:07 PM.

Comment

I never do phone surveys, I got slammed once, that was enough.
            "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

There are scammers who use random number generators to get phone numbers. They also use a fake number that shows up on you caller ID. A call came to my daughter's cell phone and she had me answer it. I waited to talk to the "Operator" and told her she was calling my daughter's cell. She screamed "It's STILL YO PHONE!" and hung up on me. When I called back, disconnected number.

These calls are on the rise. Got one to my own cell phone today.
              12/05/08 - filed pro se
              01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
              04/01/09 - new 341 scheduled
              6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

I don't care who they are, once I tell them no to call their rights have been revoked.
                And I don't give my phone number to any company that I do business with except my bank and they don't call me.
                That way I avoid calls from companies I do business with.
                The last time I was in a store that required my phone number was Sears. I was buying a dryer and they insisted they had to have my phone number. I told them if that was a requirement that they could keep the dryer and I went elsewhere to get one.
                Sears is one of the worst for calling you about extended warranties and such and I don't want to talk to them!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X