Does Wells Fargo Sell Information?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Wells Fargo Sell Information?

I went with Wells Fargo just before I filed.
    I have had no problems until now.
    2 days ago I got two phone calls from a "toll free" was all it showed on the caller ID. No company was in the ID but the number was.
    I am registered on the Do Not Call Registry and I don't answer toll frees.
    They left no messages however.
    I called the number back and the recording told me that it was NPT North America or something like that and that they were a major marketing membership group.
    I left a message not to call my number again.
    I also reported both calls to the DNC folks right away.
    The following night, like clockwork, at 8 PM that number called my home again. This time I answered it.
    They knew my name and my affiliation with Wells Fargo and they said they were calling on their behalf. I told them that I was not interested in whatever they were selling and that I was on the do not call list and it was illegal for a 3rd party to call me and hung up. I also reported the call to DNC.
    What really gets me going is is the response to the email that I sent to Wells Fargo about this chewing them out.
    The response I got was that they were sorry and they would remove my number from their contact list (whatever that meant) and that this action would take up to 60 days to be effective.
    I replied to their email that if I get one more call from anyone other than Wells Fargo (and they have never called me) I will be out of their bank the following business day! I also told them that what they had done was illegal in my opinion.
    It would appear that they have supplied my phone number and name to other people and that burns me up!
    This is as bad as when I joined AARP, they gave our address to everyone in the world! It's a good thing I did not put our phone number on that application!
    We get mail from all kinds of people with AARP, but I won't be a member much longer with them.
    I think Sears is the worst. I don't go into their store much anymore as it's tough to convince them that you don't have to give them your phone number.
    About a year ago I bought a new dryer there and took it home myself. I argued that they could not have my phone number and that I did not want an extended warranty.
    The very next day the dryer quit working. The timer went belly up. So I call Sears Service to get someone out to repair it. They ask for my phone number and I told them they did not have my phone number. I was told that without a phone number they could not find my in their system and therefore they could not reference my warranty!
    I told them to send a tech out and I would show him the receipt from the store the day before and they still wanted to argue.
    I took that dryer back to the store on my dolly and flopped in down inside the store at the register where I had paid for it and demanded and got my money back. Then they had the nerve to ask me to take the dryer out of the store to the loading dock. Guess where I left the dryer??
    These companies today have no respect for privacy! But I am working on educating them, one by one.

It's wells fargo... need I say more
    Filed on 7-17-09
    waiting for 341
    341 meeting 8-21-09
    discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

The do not call list does not block all calls. Here is what the DNC site says:

calls from organizations with which you have established a business relationship; (Your bank, MTG co, your church, etc)

calls for which you have given prior written permission; (by forgetting to opt out when you signed up for a service)

calls which are not commercial or do not include unsolicited advertisements; (polls, surveys, political calls)

calls by or on behalf of tax-exempt non-profit organizations. (Fireman's benificial society, the girl scouts)

When you signed up for your Wells Fargo account you probably did not opt out of telemarketing from Welles Fargo. There is also some legal language that says that "Welles Fargo, or any other company that WF might think you would be interested in are allowed to call."

When I opened my new account at a new bank (not WF) I specifically had them drag out the page of contracteeze that said this, and check marked "do not call me for anything no way no how."

If you are getting calls from WF, you most likely accidently gave your permission on some piece of paperwork. The best thing to do is to go back to the bank and ask to physically sign an "opt-out" document.

And please don't get mad at telemarketers. They are usually minimum wage workers and are treated very poorly at work. Be nice. (said by an ex-telemarketer)

As for the Sears issue. I thought you were being a boor. How on earth do you think a company can manage tons of customers? They have data bases, and they have decided to use the phone number as a look-up code. All I can say is that you are a bit nieve about how the real world works. I know you would like to have everything your way, but the world does not revolve around you. I think everyone here will agree to that. It seems you have a lot of little foot stamping tizzy fits, and was thinking that some pharmicueticals might make you fit in a little better. Independant does not mean "Bananas." Sorry to be so forward, but I can't stand the sort of person you seem to be. The whole idea of rules is that you can't have an each man out for himself kind of world. If I had seen you in the store on the day you left the dryer, I would have been talking about the mannerless yahoo I saw at Sears that day. You really ought to step back and look at yourself as others see you from time to time.
      Last edited by Iwantmyname; 09-06-2009, 07:47 AM.

Comment

No, in fact I did opt out from all calls other than official bank business.
        I have filed a formal complaint with the DNC people about 4 calls now in the last 4 days. Funny thing is I just started getting calls last week "on behalf of the bank."
        The last one that came in said it was Wells Fargo Bank on the caller ID but they were hawking Occidental Insurance.
        Funny, a quick review of licensed companies to sell real estate here in AZ does not show Wells Fargo. So is my bank illegally selling real estate or is the outfit really calling just borrowing their caller ID? Just BS here folks.
        And I don't give a crap what the DNC say about who can call me. You have an absolute right to revoke that right by telling anyone that they cannot call.
        Many of these outfits over the years hire someone else, that's s 3rd party and that's illegal.
        For instance there is an outfit here in AZ that labels themselves as a charity and they say they are calling on behalf of the police association. But they are not police officers or an association representing them and in fact when you research them you find that this is a 3rd party enterprise that gets a percentage of the money they collect.
        That's nothing but a business calling and they do not have a right to call you under DNC rulings.
        The bottom line is that you can revoke any organizations right to call you.
        And data bases don't have to need your phone numbers for a reference. How about a name. Get real! My experience with Sears shows that the main reason they want your number is for marketing of insurance plans via your phone "because you are doing business with them they have the right to call." They have been doing this for nearly 20 years now.
        Be serious! If you knew anything about the law you would be dangerous.
        I am very protective of my privacy and I get very few calls.
        And I could care less what kind of person you or anyone else thinks I am. I have my own rules and if you don't like them stay put in Nebraska. PS, it's not the real world. And before you open your mouth again I am qualified to judge it, my father's family was from Nebraska.
        Last edited by kenshirley; 09-06-2009, 08:09 AM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X