Wells Fargo~Leaving Them~~~~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wells Fargo~Leaving Them~~~~

Last week I posted how Wells Fargo after being with them for some 8 months sold our name and the fact that we had accounts with them to 3rd parties. and yes we opted out of that stuff when we changed banks from B of A due to the fact we had a contract on an RV there.
    Today I got an email from my landlord that Wells Fargo Online Bill Pay did not send him a check like usual or that it did not arrive. It was due the 7th and should have been there. Nothing changed, not the address or the amount since I have been with the bank.
    So I called their online bill pay service and they said it was sent. OK, I can see that online. So where is it???
    She said "well, your recipient does not normally get it until the 12th-18th according to our records." What???? I am sorry, you are confusing the date he chooses to cash my check vs. the date that online bill pay warrants that the check will be there! And the woman did not seem to understand the difference!
    So I tell them it's a full week beyond when it was supposed to be there and that he does not have it. No problem, we just cancel the check right? Wrong!
    Wells Fargo takes the money out of your account the day the check is sent. And to get that money back takes 3-5 business days! What a bunch of BS!
    I hate to admit it, but I had a check come up missing just like this before with B of A. The called the recipient and then called me back telling me that they had issued another check and that the company was not charging late fees under the circumstances. B of A also got the check there quicker, 5 days vs. 7-9 with Wells Fargo, and B of A did not take the money out of my account until the check due to be there or cashed, I cannot remember which now.
    I cannot believe that a bank cannot say "OK, it's not cleared so we are putting the money back into your account.
    Nope, they want 3-5 business days to do it. In the meantime I don't have the money to pay the rent~~Nice going Wells Fargo!
    I am going to another bank today to set up my new accounts. My direct deposits of my retirement will be stopped and redirected as soon as I can get that new account number.
    If you are using Well Fargo Online Bill Pay be fully aware that they don't have any really guarantees like other banks and offer very poor service for their online bill pay customers.
    It is apparent that the Online Bill Pay folks are not really part of the bank. I don't know if they are a contractor or what but I have never in my life canceled a check with a bank that they did not do so immediately.
    Thanks for nothing Wells Fargo!

We use a somewhat small bank and I use their Bill Pay. If the creditor accepts EFTs', it is paid the next day. If it's a landlord, in your case, when I type in the amount to the landlord, my bank automatically tells me what day the landlord will receive the check.

I've had our sewer bill be late twice in the past 2 years & both times the bank paid the late fee. Ask your bank about the bill pay date on a transaction with a creditor who doesn't accept EFTs.

Comment

I had a tenant at one time using BofA bill pay and the checks were always late. Normally a week or so at least.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I am certainly not new to online banking. I have been doing it for years.
        It's stated right on the Wells Fargo site that the payment (check) will be delivered 7-8 days after processing. It's now been 15.
        OK, it's lost in the mail. Big deal, s**t happens. But not to refund the money you have taken right on the spot?
        I don't get it, just like they won't get my money anymore.
        Years ago I had online bill pay with my credit union. The computer carrying all the online bill pay information crashed and they were having problems recovering the system. My gripe there was when they playing around for two weeks and never told any of the customers that the system had crashed and their bills were not being paid.
        Talk about an exodus of customers that bailed out in a heartbeat!

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
          I had a tenant at one time using BofA bill pay and the checks were always late. Normally a week or so at least.
          I would suggest that your tenant was not sending them on time.
          I did have B of A Online Bill Pay for almost 8 years and had many checks going out (not just electronic transfers) and I never had a company complain about one being late except once. (But them again my bills are normally paid well before they are due)
          In that instance the bank called them within minutes of my notification to them and found that the utility company had credited the wrong account. That check had been cashed and it was an error on the company.
          I cannot remember right now but B of A in fact used to warranty the checks would be there by a certain date. I think it was 4 or 5 days from the time you told them to sent them. Wells Fargo wants 7-8 days which I have not had a problem with.
          My only problem is that they took the money and won't give it back now for another 3-5 business days. Come on now, they know the check was not cashed! They told me that themselves over the phone

Comment

OK, I moved banks and I am out of Wells Fargo. My transfer of my direct deposits were quicker than I thought so the last that goes in there will be my SS next Wed. I guess the government is getting quicker about moving this stuff nowadays.

I just figured out what they are doing though.
            Whenever you have someone sent a check, Wells Fargo takes that money out of your account and transfers it to an account where they can hold the funds and draw interest on that money until whoever gets is deposits it and it clears Wells Fargo.
            Not a bad idea to make money. But they won't do it with me anymore.
            I knew when they sold our information to 3rd parties it was going to be a problem. Then the rent check disappears so they are soon to be history.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X