"Federal Reserve needs to cut US Dollar in half over next 14 years"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim Rickards, director of market intelligence for scientific consulting firm Omnis, shares his outlook for the dollar.

Rickards says that they are planning for a gradual, steady decline of the dollar, but that it will eventually crash.

Adds that it's hardly a coincidence that a Federal Reserve governor would have an op-ed piece in the Wall Street Journal on the same day that the G-20 meets.

Summary of op-ed piece:
    Fed's Warsh: Policy Normalization Likely Before Need Is Obvious
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125383509402539303.html

Kevin Warsh op-ed piece: The Fed's Job Is Only Half Over
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...058334138.html

Rickards says he feels this has to do with gold and pre-empting the eventual collapse of the dollar. He points out that a Fed Governor can't talk about a collapsing dollar because it would lead to exactly that, so Warsh has to speak indirectly.

Rickards says the Fed needs for the dollar to go down by half over the next fourteen years. We have 60 trillion dollars of liabilities with no feasible combination of growth in taxes to fund those liabilities.

But what they really want to do is displace the dollar with IMF SDR's, which are Special Drawing Rights.

The unannounced part of G-20 is that the International Monetary Fund is being annointed as a global central bank. They are printing money as there is nothing behind these SDR's.

Jim says buy gold because: *“The problem is, when you own gold you’re fighting every central bank in the world. Central banks hate gold because it limits their ability to print money.”

CNBC News video, Jim Rickards :"Federal Reserve needs to cut US Dollar in half over next 14 years"
    http://www.dailypaul.com/node/108994

Posted September 29th, 2009 by krolik

Jim Rickards, director of market intelligence for scientific consulting firm Omnis, shares his outlook for the dollar.

Jim cracks the code of "Fed Speak" to tell us what is really going on with the Global Banking Elite and their plans for the future.

SDR stands for special drawing rights. They are a product of the International Monetary Fund.

You can think of SDRs more as the "currency" of the IMF and some other organizations. They also are given to IMF member countries in exchange for their "quotas," their up-front payments to the IMF to finance its operation.

Triffen's dilemma

During the 1960 and early 70s the amount of US dollar reserves held by non-reserve central banks grew significantly, which led to what became known as the "Triffen Dilemma." Robert Triffen was a Belgian economist and Yale University professor who highlighted the problems related to dollar overhang. Dollar overhang occurred when the amount of US dollar assets held by non-reserve central banks exceeded the total supply of gold in the US Treasury at the exchange rate of $35 per ounce. Dollar overhang occurred in the system by 1960 and continued to worsen throughout the decade of the 1960s. By 1971 foreign holdings of US dollars stood at $50 billion while US gold reserves were valued at only $15 billion output.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Thanks for the links and articles. People need to open their eyes...
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Max Keiser: Dollar to be buried way before 2018
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

World's major powers including China and Russia don't want to 'finance' American military adventures anymore. That's the view of Max Keiser, finance critic and former stockbroker. He says China and Russia are interested in collapsing the US economy by rejecting the dollar.
      -

RussiaToday
      October 06, 2009

Take a high-dose orange pill and gain insights from Max’s life and Bitcoin journey. Unleash your own relentless optimism with top quotes, memes, artwork and predictions for the future. This is a book unlike anything you’ve seen before!
      Last edited by BankruptPinoy; 10-06-2009, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Report claims oil states plotting to end dollar trade

John Byrne
        Raw Story [1]
        Tuesday, Oct 6th, 2009

A report published Tuesday by an esteemed British journalist alleging that oil states and China are teaming up to replace the dollar as the currency of choice in trading oil received ardent denials from several of the countries allegedly involved.

Writing in The Independent, reporter Robert Fisk alleged [2] that Gulf states — along with China, Russia, Japan and France – are eyeing an end to dollar dealings for oil, “moving instead to a basket of currencies including the Japanese yen and Chinese yuan, the euro, gold and a new, unified currency planned for nations in the Gulf Co-operation Council, including Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait and Qatar.”

“Secret meetings have already been held by finance ministers and central bank governors in Russia, China, Japan and Brazil to work on the scheme, which will mean that oil will no longer be priced in dollars,” Fisk added. “The plans, confirmed to The Independent by both Gulf Arab and Chinese banking sources in Hong Kong, may help to explain the sudden rise in gold prices, but it also augurs an extraordinary transition from dollar markets within nine years.”

Fisk’s story received swift and vehement denials from some of the countries purportedly involved.

Asked by reporters about the newspaper story, Saudi Arabia’s central bank chief Muhammad al-Jasser said: “Absolutely incorrect.” He repeated the same response when asked whether Saudi Arabia was in such talks.

Kuwait’s oil minister and a well-placed source in the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries made similar remarks. Russia’s deputy finance minister Dmitry Pankin said: “We did not discuss this at all.”

The dollar slipped in the wake of the newspaper story. The euro edged up as high as $1.4749, although it fell back to $1.4701 when the Saudi Arabian and Russian officials denied the report.

Algerian Finance Minister Karim Djoudi told Reuters: “Oil producing countries need to stabilize revenues but…I don’t see a need for oil trade to be denominated differently.

“But we are at the IMF conference where all sorts of subjects are raised and discussed,” he added.

Analysts say changing the currency in which oil is traded would require massive efforts by producer countries.

[1] Raw Story: http://rawstory.com/2009/10/russians...de-in-dollars/

[2] Robert Fisk alleged: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...r-1798175.html

Comment

Iran announced late last month that its foreign currency reserves would henceforth be held in euros rather than dollars.

The demise of the dollar

In a graphic illustration of the new world order, Arab states have launched secret moves with China, Russia and France to stop using the US currency for oil trading
          -Robert Fisk

Now, I know that someone wants to call me names and say that I spam the forum with conspiracy stuff. Well, look up the word conspiracy, first of all. See what it reads.

con⋅spir⋅a⋅cy

noun, plural -cies.
          1. the act of conspiring.
          2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
          3. a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.
          4. Law. an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.
          5. any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.
          Secondly, here's what Wikipedia reads about Mr. Fisk:
          Robert Fisk (born 12 July 1946, Maidstone, Kent) is an English writer and journalist. Middle East correspondent of the The Independent, he has been based mainly in Beirut for more than 30 years.Fisk holds more British and International Journalism awards than any other foreign correspondent.
          Last edited by BankruptPinoy; 10-06-2009, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Now, to go to bed on a more positive note, since this is the general forum and not the news forum, so I don't think I'm violating TOS by posting the following:

"Can't is not an option."-Barbara Guerra
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27F-Dfgg1dw

If you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything
            else, it'll spread over into the rest of your life. It'll spread over
            into your work, into your mortality, into your entire being. There are
            no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must
            go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you.
            -Bruce Lee

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; An
            optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
            -Winston
            Churchill (1874-1965)

It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; It
            is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
            -Seneca
            Proverb

People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are.
            I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world
            are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want,
            and, if they can't find them, make them.
            -George Bernard Shaw

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious
            triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those
            poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in
            the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.
            -Theodore Roosevelt

My method is to post anything I find of interest, not what I
            believe to be true. I'm not here to be some sort of web dictator to
            say what is true, what should be on the web, or what should be shot
            down the memory
            hole.
            -Rob Daven

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. But
            after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees
            with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all,
            then accept it and live up to it.
            -the Buddha

Comment

I got a feeling the dollar is going to drop in value a lot, lot more then one half.
              Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

This particular subject has be sleeping with one eye open.

I thought this time last year things were bad.

They should have let the system tank last year as much as I hate to say it out loud.

Our grim choices would have been a deflationary depression or a hyperinflationary depression.

Bush, Obama Congress and the Fed. flipped a coin and chose latter.

I am already picking out my wheelbarrel to haul the cash around since it will no longer fit inside my wallet.

For those optimist out there I hate to be doom and gloom but as us fellow bankrupts know the only way to stop debt is to default or to inflate it away. The govt has no choice but to inflate this away and that is what they are doing.

Stock up on food and oil related supplies. They are more useful then gold. I don't like the taste of gold nor does my car engine.
                Last edited by banca rotta; 10-12-2009, 05:33 PM.
                The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Originally posted by banca rotta View Post
                  I am already picking out my wheelbarrel to haul the cash around since it will no longer fit inside my wallet.

For those optimist out there I hate to be doom and gloom but as us fellow bankrupts know the only way to stop debt is to default or to inflate it away. The govt has no choice but to inflate this away and that is what they are doing.

Stock up on food and oil related supplies. They are more useful then gold. I don't like the taste of gold nor does my car engine.

Hi banca rotta. Yeah, you're right.

2012 forecast: Food riots, ghost malls, mob rule, terror
                  Trends chief says people should brace for 'the greatest depression'

By Bob Unruh
                  WorldNetDaily Exclusive
                  10-10-2009

A trends forecaster says the current economic "rebound" from last winter's Wall Street collapse of banks, insurance companies and automobile manufacturers is an artificial blip created by 'phantom money printed out of thin air backed by nothing."

And Gerald Celente of TrendsResearch.com, says people right now should be bracing for "the greatest recession" which will hit worldwide and will mark the "decline of empire America." Crop failures could be among the minor concerns.

"Here we are in 2012. Food riots, tax protests, farmer rebellions, student revolts, squatter diggins, homeless uprisings, tent cities, ghost malls, general strikes, bossnappings, kidnappings, industrial saboteurs, gang warfare, mob rule, terror," he writes for a quarterly publication that is available through subscription on his website.

He also talked about his forecasts with Greg Corombos of Radio America/WND in an interview that has been posted online.

The recent surge in Wall Street indexes back to near the 10,000 level, still far below the 14,000 prior to the crash, should be no reassurance for anyone, he said.

"There's no recovery. This is merely a cover-up," he said. "The market crashed in March of 2009 and around the world they papered over the damage from the collapse with phantom money printed out of thin air backed by nothing," he said.

This is "much bigger" than an economic collapse, he said. "This is the decline of empire America."

Find out what you can do to be more prepared

"Look what's happened to the dollar," he warned. "Gold prices are surging forward. That's the evidence. The rest that's coming from Washington and Wall Street is rhetoric."

"This is the beginning of the greatest depression. We're telling our readers to take pro-active measures in anticipation of much worse to come," he said.

USA Today says Celente "has a knack for getting the zeitgeist right," and CNBC says, "The man knows what he's talking about."

The Wall Street Jounral has said, "Those who take their predictions seriously consider the Trends Research Institute."

He said during the Radio America/WND interview that retail sales this coming Christmas season will be the "real nail in the economic coffin."

"The second American revolution has already begun; it just hasn't been announced yet by the mainstream media," he said. "Anybody waiting for hope to show up at the door with a big bag full of money is going to be in for a shock."

Tim Barello in the Examiner noted that since 1980 Celente has made at least 40 accurate predictions about major world events, such as the 1987 stock market crash.

"Throughout the 1990's, many other forecasts came true, including the collapse of the Soviet Union, surges in global terrorism, the popularity of spiritual and new age philosophies, public backlash against globalization, upsurges in online shopping, and the 1997 Asian financial crisis, to name a select few," he wrote.

Now comes his forecast for a global depression and for the United States, "Obamageddon."

"We want to make it very clear that the policies leading to the decline of 'Empire America' have been long in the making," Celente told Barello.

"What has happened in the Obama administration is that they have taken policies far beyond even what Bush took with the TARP program; for example, with his stimulus package, with the buyouts, with the bailouts, the rescue packages, these are unprecedented in American history.

"Never before has so much phantom money been printed out of thin air, backed by nothing, producing practically nothing," Celente continued.

"You don't even have to be a student of history to know the outcome of this. All you have to do is have your eyes open, and start thinking for yourself."

In his conversation with the Examiner, Celente warned with the "bubble" bursts, U.S. taxpayers will be slammed because, unlike during the dot-com bubble, the stock market bubble and the real estate bubble, they are stockholders in a long list of major companies.

He forecasts the possibility of a civil war, and says if people want to see what Main Street America will look like, they should "drive around Detroit. Look at all the blown out houses and empty neighborhoods. Look at the violence that's increasing. Look at the types of heinous crimes being committed by people some blowing their whole families away"

Detroit, Modern Day Ghost Town

"I have often talked about how the recession will reshape America's geography where cities like Detroit will turn into ghost towns."--Leon

Last edited by BankruptPinoy; 10-12-2009, 06:29 PM.

Comment

The only problem that I saw with that food storage was that it just was not enough. Don't forget the water too......
                    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Amen.
                      Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

ain't gonna be that bad. just to be safe, stock up on guns and ammo.
                        Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

..because of speculation, prices of ammos & guns have begun to rise (like gasoline?). Anyway, I'm a non-violent person (can not think to shoot anyone yet).. so probably if the time come.. I just let people shoot me first rather than I have to shoot them (1 Life 2 Live!).. Let die & be reborn in heaven or hell!!??

Comment

Well I suppose death could be a blessing...no more misery.

Originally posted by BKOnce View Post
                            ..because of speculation, prices of ammos & guns have begun to rise (like gasoline?). Anyway, I'm a non-violent person (can not think to shoot anyone yet).. so probably if the time come.. I just let people shoot me first rather than I have to shoot them (1 Life 2 Live!).. Let die & be reborn in heaven or hell!!??
                            Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

Hi everyone. I guess since I'm not a contributer to this forum, I will soon be banned. But I do feel that this is relevant to the bankruptcy forum.

Dollar loses reserve status to yen & euro
                              Ben Bernanke’s dollar crisis went into a wider mode yesterday as the greenback was shockingly upstaged by the euro and yen, both of which can lay claim to the world title as the currency favo…

I will NOT post any text from the article since I don't contribute to this forum, and since someone obviously does not like the NY Post. I might add that Wikipedia reads: "The New York Post is the 13th-oldest newspaper published in the United States and is generally acknowledged as the oldest to have been published continuously as a daily, although – as is the case with most other papers – its publication has been periodically interrupted by labor actions."

Paul Tharp, the writer of the article, is a well know business writer, and his article was yesterday.

In the piece, Mr. Tharp writes that something very important has happened. How in the world could this not be important to those of us about to file for bankruptcy?

I thought that this was the "general" forum? It reads "Everything NON-bankruptcy related." So, I have been told that I can't post in the general forum because I only post "conspiracy" stuff. This article is MAINSTREAM news. How in the world is this "sh**"? What is so WRONG with my posting the link to this piece in the NY Post?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X