Trivia bank question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trivia bank question

Why do banks charge you a " non sufficient funds fee " on money they already know you do not have?

Because....They can!

Originally posted by Senior Citizen
    Why do banks charge you a " non sufficient funds fee " on money they already know you do not have?

What gets me, is that they charge so much...I mean OK, I do try and keep the bad checks from hitting (Simply by not writing more the account has) but things happen, but to charge $33 ( I hear some banks soon may charge $50-$75!) for what's really $4-$6 worth of actual work is BS

Comment

The NSF charge escalates... like $15 for the first one, $25 for the second, $35 for the third.... at my bank. I got hit for $35 due to a $2 overdraft last summer.... due to the monthly service fee.

I think it may be a punitive measure, but it does mess up the works for everybody, banks included, when a check cannot flow smoothly through the financial system -- manual intervention requires expensive labor!

Seems like those who are least able to pay get hit the hardest. Lesson learned! They said they would CLOSE my account if I had another one within a year, and put me into ChexSystems so I could not get another bank account!
      Last edited by quest42; 11-11-2005, 04:21 PM.
      I'm in N. California ... Thanks for your replies!
      10/11/05: bought www.form7.com software
      10/14/05: Filed Ch 7 BK Petition pro se skeleton
      10/27/05: Filed all schedules, etc.
      11/17/05: 341 meeting (done!)
      01/16/06: Last day to file objections
      01/18/06: Discharged, closed

Bankruptcy LINKS

Comment

Originally posted by quest42
        The NSF charge escalates... like $15 for the first one, $25 for the second, $35 for the third.... at my bank. I got hit for $35 due to a $2 overdraft last summer.... due to the monthly service fee.

I think it may be a punitive measure, but it does mess up the works for everybody, banks included, when a check cannot flow smoothly through the financial system -- manual intervention requires expensive labor!

Seems like those who are least able to pay get hit the hardest. Lesson learned! They said they would CLOSE my account if I had another one within a year, and put me into ChexSystems so I could not get another bank account!

(No pun intended Quest) Check around with other banks. Some do and some don't bother with chexsystem. Credit unions mainly.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X