Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello. I'm new.

Hi everyone.

Thanks for all the posts here in this forum.

I have the nolo chapter 7 book and I'm getting ready to file pro-se soon.

A few years ago, I had an accident and hit my head, and now I suffer from epilepsy.

I'm a no asset case.

I wonder now, how some people will look at me when they find out I file? I just read that the shooter in FL filed bankruptcy recently and the news is trying to make that out as a negative. How come it is ok for companies to file for bk but not an individual?

Anyway, since this is the general talk section, I just wanted to say hello to everyone and thanks for the forum.

howdy! Don't worry what people think. In this economy they'll soon be filing too. It's not a crime to file!
    Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

Hi Xue, welcome to the forum. And yes, I second what nc73 said. This is a business decision.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

And you'll be surprised just how many people never know. For those that do, don't worry about it.

Welcome, and good luck!
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Welcome.
          There is lots of good info in the stickys and the forums both.
          And if someone makes a mistake in advice here it's fixed pretty quick.
          Experience (which most of us have in the BK process) is the best teacher.

Comment

Welcome !!! I filed Oct 22nd but I filed Chapter 13. I guess I am a little nervous not knowing really what to expect. Surprised at some things as I have posted .
            Today after having never been late on a mortgage pmt I called them just to let them know I wouldnt be making the pmt due to the fact I just sent the trustee my first pmt and they were like "whatever" is that all you wanted.... I didnt know what to say.
            Looking on the website everyday to see if my 341 is scheduled yet. I hope I get a few weeks notice ... Well, maybe not then I will be stressing for that long
            Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
            Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
            Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Originally posted by nc73 View Post
              Don't worry what people think. In this economy they'll soon be filing too.
              So true. I felt so much shame when I was deciding to file, only to discover later that some of the most judgmental people I know are now heading in the same direction.

Welcome, XUE. We're all gonna come out of this just fine!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X