Amy Goodman felt �violated� by Canadian border officials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amy Goodman felt �violated� by Canadian border officials

I want to take a moment and bring this to your attention.

I cant tell you how important independent media is to a free and open society. Amy Goodman is a long time journalist. In the past 10 years- all over the globe journalists have been murdered for uncovering stories.

A good journalist does not tell you what to think- they ask hard questions. Who-what-where-when-why.

A year ago- I unplugged my TV. No more.

The left and the right are owned and controlled by large corporations- the same people control both parties.

Even if Goodman were going to talk about the Olympics- why is this a detain-able issue?

The War on Terror is - overdone- it is a war on Americans in that when all your life works is wiped out- you wont be happy.

Be that as it may- we are supposed to have free speech and freedom of the press.

You can watch democracy now shows online. They are 1 hour- and occur weekdays.

No one is going to agree with anyone 100% of the time- but this really is a sad day.

CA amounted to issuing Goodman a visa. But guess what? CA is a country for which Americans do not need a visa!

Excerpt->
    WHY INDEPENDENT MEDIA ?

For true democracy to work, people need easy access to independent, diverse sources of news and information.

But the last two decades have seen unprecedented corporate media consolidation. The U.S. media was already fairly homogeneous in the early 1980s: some fifty media conglomerates dominated all media outlets, including television, radio, newspapers, magazines, music, publishing and film. In the year 2000, just six corporations dominated the U.S. media.
    Democracy Now! is a daily, global, independent, award-winning news program hosted by journalists Amy Goodman and Juan Gonzalez.

---------------------------------------------

excerpt->

Canadian Border Officials: Political Thought Police

David Edwards
    Raw Story
    Friday, November 27, 2009

A U.S. journalist was grilled by Canadian border officials for 90 minutes flagged http://www.prisonplanet.com/canadian...ht-police.html /snip
    (link has video report)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    http://www.democracynow.org/about/history to learn more about democracy now.
    Discharged- pro se- chapter 7~!

I've heard of people getting grilled for hours, some are random. It's absolutely unnecessary. Who the fvck wants to get into Canada anyways? Certainly not I.
    Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

Originally posted by anykey View Post
      The left and the right are owned and controlled by large corporations- the same people control both parties.
      This is the key statement that the sheeple do not understand. We have no choices. Doesn't matter if you pull the D or R lever, the same puppet masters control the strings.

I can go to Wally-World and choose between 100+ different brands of toothpaste. When I go to the voting booth, I get to choose between 2.

Both of those have the same fecal taste, just in a different colored package.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X