This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why's it so hard to find a job?

I really don't understand why it's been so hard for me to find a job. I'm willing to do just about anything. Part time, full time, etc. I have applied everywhere, called local places and asked if they had any open positions, tried networking, etc and not getting anywhere. I even go on job websites and apply directly and nothing. It has been 6 months I have been out of work and I don't even get unemployment, it's so depressing. I'm awaiting my discharge on 1/5/2010 and just want to move on.
    9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
    11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
    01/04/2010 - last day for objections
    01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Because there are no jobs. Think 1930's but with unemployment insurance. That's where we're at. Without UI people would probably be eating each other by now.
    Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
    Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
    Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
    341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

Right now there is 1 job for every 6.3 unemployed person.

Comment

There are jobs. You just lack the skills that are needed most. It also helps if you know someone in the company you are applying at.
        Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

Originally posted by nc73 View Post
          There are jobs. You just lack the skills that are needed most. It also helps if you know someone in the company you are applying at.
          Yeah, quit complaining and learn some skills -- like chicken plucking. The chicken processors around here are always looking for chicken pluckers. It helps if you are -- how can I say this nicely -- "undocumented" and willing to work 16 hours a day for minimum wage (or less) in some of the worst conditions you can imagine. But at least it's a job. What? You expected a living wage? This isn't your father's job market, DrowningNDebt. Welcome to the new America! Global economy. Free trade. All of that.
          Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

This thread has gone nowhere fast....
            The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X