lawsuit question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lawsuit question.

When I was 18 I started my own business. Even before I got out of highschool. I did real well but a issue with a bank, and the company I used to charge credit card caused me to close my business. I end up with a 4800 cert. check from Nigeria. Then the credit card charging company hit me 18k of charge backs. A few years ago I spent 8 months in North Carolina and then moved back to Indiana. About 6 months after I moved back to Indiana the credit card charging company sued me in North Carolina. They filed months after I moved back to Indiana. I got a letter asking my side of the story never sent it back never went. I figured since I had the business in Indiana lived in Indiana why would a judge in North Carolina hear the case. Well I guess the company's lawyer told the court I had done business in north Carolina and lived there. So they got a default judgment. I was told that since The business was not there I did not live there I could have the judgment removed and thus removed from my credit. Is this true. If they remove the judgment be it because of no jurisdiction or because the lawyer file a false case could they refile in Indiana or would since it has been just over 5 years there is no way they could.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X