Served a summons on Dec 30th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Served a summons on Dec 30th

I was served and am being sued in Texas by a houston lawyer for Bank of America $58,000 plus legal fees etc. What are the consequences if I just let them get a default judgement? I have no propery to loose or save, I understand they don't allow wage garnishment in Texas. I also realize they could seize my bank account. Other than that, why would a judgement be a big deal? Do they still try to collect after judgement? Do they still call constantly? Or has the "bite" gone out of the collectors "bark". While Texas is my residence I live overseas. I also have 2 more credit cards that will eventually probably sue. So what would be the drawback of 3 judgements? Someday, when I come back to Texas I could qualify for chapter 7 and clean it all up right? I tried to settle through a lawyer with all my creditors but I did not have enough to interest the creditors. The big card is BOA at $58,000 (the one that is sueing). The other 2 are both with Discover. One is for $24,000 and the other for $11,000. The small Discover and the BOA are with Ahn Regent in Houston. The other Discover is with Zwicker and Associates.
    File Date Feb 1, 2010
    341 Mar 8, 2010
    Discharged and closed May 10, 2010
    Being very careful and wise with fresh start!......Living happily ever after since!

They could get the judgment then put off enforcing it until they believe you could pay it.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X