Hospital numbers released this AM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hospital numbers released this AM

This morning one of our biggest hospitals release figures on charity. It has grown to 128 million in 2009. That is about 10 million a month. During the conversation with Cox health officials the reasons cited were that with the economy being so bad, and MO has such a low level for medicare that was sit that way about 2-3 years ago, that the hospitals are forced to pick up the rest. They collect roughly 38 cents on each dollar is what they were saying on the radio. This means that the cut backs in Missouri Medicaid was passed on to the hospitals, who per the program this morning are passing it on to those who can afford healthcare, and those with insurance.

I found all of the above very interesting, but what I found the most interesting was the statement that if "everyone simply paid their bills" it would be cheaper for everyone involved. That showed me how out of touch with reality these people are. Wages are failing, people are laid off and this morans think people are not paying their bills, and filing BK's because they want too.. Maddening!

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X