Caller ID shows "1002"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caller ID shows "1002"?

What the heck is that? All it shows on the caller id display is 1002? I didn't get to the phone in time and they didn't leave a message.

Anybody seen this before or know who or what it is?

Got your attention didn't they? It's a bill collector masking their number.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Well darn it. I want to know who they are so I can file that they are in violation of the stay. Guess I'll keep the phone in my pocket so I can catch them.

Comment

Well. Somebody not speekin English called here just a few minutes ago from a Restricted number. Don't know if it was the same people or not, darn it. Couldn't even really tell who they were asking for. It might not have been me! lol!

Comment

I guess the third time is a charm. It was - not a creditor. Not a telemarketer. But my freaky health insurance company. What's up with THAT?

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
            Well. Somebody not speekin English called here just a few minutes ago from a Restricted number. Don't know if it was the same people or not, darn it. Couldn't even really tell who they were asking for. It might not have been me! lol!
            Sometimes they ask for somebody you don't know expecting you to tell them "No, this is not Joe Blow but 'yourname'".
            Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
              I guess the third time is a charm. It was - not a creditor. Not a telemarketer. But my freaky health insurance company. What's up with THAT?
              Hopefully they were letting you know they paid your claims at 100%!
              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I sicced the Medicare complaint department on them three times in the last month for failure to provide insurance cards and provider information, or even tell me where to send my premium. They have been calling me ever since.

Comment

It's amazing what you can do with caller ID if you have the right equipment.

I do business with a lot of schools, and many times when they call me the caller ID shows only the extension number instead of the full phone number. That makes it hard to call back. I assume that's a misconfiguration somewhere in their PBX.

Most phone companies won't allow a residential customer to change caller ID on the fly, but with a proper PBX you can put whatever you want. That's how a big company or school can have 100s of phone lines with every outgoing call showing the main company phone number in the caller ID. The phone company doesn't require that it has a working phone number or even that it has the right number of digits, the information is just passed along down the chain.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn View Post
                    Sometimes they ask for somebody you don't know expecting you to tell them "No, this is not Joe Blow but 'yourname'".
                    hahaha, no. I never identify myself until I know who is calling. Ever. They called my phone, and my phone is for my convenience, not theirs. I think he was asking for me by my first name, but mispronouncing it very badly. When I couldn't understand what this kid was saying I asked him if he could please speak English. And he said. No. No I cannot speak English. And hung up. lol!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X