What we all knew.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What we all knew.....

If you have been in the Foreclosure Forum lately, this is something most of us already knew. http://ap-127553.newsvine.com President Obama's loan modification programs are utter failures.

I wanted to believe there was help, but I was just kidding myself. Packed up and left my house a year ago after getting NOWHERE with HopeNow, trying to work with lender, etc. It's all B.S. Sorry kids!
    Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
    341 Meeting 09/09/09
    Discharged 11/12/09
    Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Originally posted by bulletproof77 View Post
      If you have been in the Foreclosure Forum lately, this is something most of us already knew. http://ap-127553.newsvine.com President Obama's loan modification programs are utter failures.
      Imagine what happens when they get their paws on your health care!
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
        Oh Gawd! Were all screwed
        Filed CH7 Feb 12 2010
        341 March 18
        Discharged...May 18
        Awaiting closing...

Comment

Originally posted by Dannmcg357 View Post
          Oh Gawd! Were all screwed
          We already know what it'd be like, look at the VA and the mess that is.

Comment

They already get a 'hidden' tax, which nobody complains about, called Social Security and Medicare.
            Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Originally posted by BrokeIn2010 View Post
              We already know what it'd be like, look at the VA and the mess that is.
              What mess? VA outperforms the private hospitals with higher patient satisfaction:
              http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aLIc5ABThjBk
              “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Still spreading the lies of Rush Limbaugh OF?
                “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn View Post
                  They already get a 'hidden' tax, which nobody complains about, called Social Security and Medicare.
                  Hidden? It's listed right on your payroll deductions, if you get a paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatMoney View Post
                    Hidden? It's listed right on your payroll deductions, if you get a paycheck.
                    What's hidden to most people is that there is no social security money. Just a drawer full of IOU's. So even though it's getting taken out, it's being used for current expenditures and considered off budget. What a crock.
                    Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

Originally posted by BobMango View Post
                      What's hidden to most people is that there is no social security money. Just a drawer full of IOU's. So even though it's getting taken out, it's being used for current expenditures and considered off budget. What a crock.
                      They would only become "worthless IOU's" if the United States declares bankruptcy, and there is a total failure of the US government and US dollar. Now I know that is what some of the ultra conservative right extremists are hoping for. Buy guns, food, and ammunition - live in a cave - and you won't have any worries - right?

In case the USA is still around by the time you die, here are the actual facts on the SS trust fund, courtesy of the SSA:

What are the Social Security Trust Funds?
                      The Social Security Trust Funds are the Old-Age and Survivors Insurance (OASI) and the Disability Insurance (DI) Trust Funds. These funds are accounts managed by the Department of the Treasury. They serve two purposes: (1) they provide an accounting mechanism for tracking all income to and disbursements from the trust funds, and (2) they hold the accumulated assets.

How are the trust funds invested?
                      By law, income to the trust funds must be invested, on a daily basis, in securities guaranteed as to both principal and interest by the Federal government. All securities held by the trust funds are "special issues" of the United States Treasury. Such securities are available only to the trust funds.

In the past, the trust funds have held marketable Treasury securities, which are available to the general public. Unlike marketable securities, special issues can be redeemed at any time at face value. Marketable securities are subject to the forces of the open market and may suffer a loss, or enjoy a gain, if sold before maturity. Investment in special issues gives the trust funds the same flexibility as holding cash.

What were the amounts of securities bought and sold during recent years?
                      The amount bought in 2009 was $1,049 billion, while the amount sold was $950 billion. See investment transactions for more detail and earlier years.

Why do some people describe the "special issue" securities held by the trust funds as worthless IOUs? What is SSA's reaction to this criticism?
                      As stated above, money flowing into the trust funds is invested in U. S. Government securities. Because the government spends this borrowed cash, some people see the current increase in the trust fund assets as an accumulation of securities that the government will be unable to make good on in the future. Without legislation to restore long-range solvency of the trust funds, redemption of long-term securities prior to maturity would be necessary.

Far from being "worthless IOUs," the investments held by the trust funds are backed by the full faith and credit of the U. S. Government. The government has always repaid Social Security, with interest. The special-issue securities are, therefore, just as safe as U.S. Savings Bonds or other financial instruments of the Federal government.

Many options are being considered to restore long-range trust fund solvency. These options are being considered now, over 25 years in advance of the year the funds are likely to be exhausted. It is thus likely that legislation will be enacted to restore long-term solvency, making it unlikely that the trust funds' securities will need to be redeemed on a large scale prior to maturity.

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/OACT/P...a/fundFAQ.html

Comment

Originally posted by WhatMoney View Post
                        Still spreading the lies of Rush Limbaugh OF?

Some of us can think on our own two feet.

I could say, "are you still spreading the lies of your savior obama"???

I will keep saying this till I am blue in the face and that is whatever the govt touches turns to sh!t! It's just their track record. It has nothing to do with Rush.

The other is another one I keep repeating and sadly most bankrupt people that support a large govt still don't know and that is you cannot spend more then you earn!!!

The US govt thinks it's something special where it can defy the laws of gravity and it can't. It will crash down like all the other overwhelmed debtors, only harder.
                        The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Originally posted by banca rotta View Post

I will keep saying this till I am blue in the face and that is whatever the govt touches turns to sh!t! It's just their track record. It has nothing to do with Rush.
                          Are you now speaking for OhioFiler? That is who I directed my comment to, not you. How does quoting the SSA amount to "quoting Obama"? You need to read more carefully.

The only ones calling Obama a "savior" are the Republicans. Sorry they were so dissolutioned by reality - you can't fix 25 years of Republican economic mistakes in one year.

The US govt thinks it's something special where it can defy the laws of gravity and it can't. It will crash down like all the other overwhelmed debtors, only harder.
                          All governments run huge deficits, especially when fighting a war or two and a recession at the same time. Look up the %GDP the US spent during World War II.

It costs $1 million to keep one GI overseas in a war zone for one year. You want the government to find some extra money for unemployment? - bring 10,000 soldiers home - and you've save $10 Billion.

Comment

Originally posted by banca rotta View Post

Trust me. You're better off not feeding the clowns. They attack your message not with argument but with accusations and voluminous cut and paste nonsense. It's much more fun to debate with guests like BackToSchool who is able to put together a cogent argument without resorting to silliness.
                            Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Trust me. You're better off not feeding the clowns. They attack your message not with argument but with accusations and voluminous cut and paste nonsense. It's much more fun to debate with guests like BackToSchool who is able to put together a cogent argument without resorting to silliness.

All I do know is that anyone from any class, size, shape, color is going to be wiped clean from all these govt programs.

A couple more years (or sooner) you will see millions just like whatmoney as well as all the others with "obama/biden" bumper stickers, rich and poor get wiped out!

The govt is either going to default on it's debts or will devalue it's phony currency in the name of being all things to all people.

The "whatmoneys" of the world that hang their hopes and dreams on this will be in for a rude awakening.

Those that are informed will succeed.

Best wishes whatmoney and the rest! You will need it!
                              The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X