Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank of America Rant

I DO mean to go off on a rant here!

Oh how many stories can I tell about how much I HATE B of A???

I'm trying to file Ch 7 and keep my house. Today I was to bring my primary residence 1st and 2nd up to date so I could file tomorrow and have no $$$$ in my accounts. So I go to the branch to bring the accounts current, as I was instructed to over the phone, but they didn't want to take my money. They said I had to request a payoff amount that takes 3-5 days, plus I can't pay in person. This screws up my filing because I have other assets I need to protect and I can't have all this money lying around.

SOOOO tempted to QUIT my job, KEEP the money, stay in my house for free until they boot me, then buy an RV with the money I'm TRYING to give to the bank and take a nice long road trip!!! I WANT TO GIVE THEM MONEY AND THEY DON'T WANT IT!!???
    Retained the BEST bk atttorney in San Diego ~ 2/10/10
    341 hearing ~ 4/27/10
    Ch 7 discharge ~ 6/28/10

I'm going through the same but waiting on HAMP first

Comment

that is incredible.

I hope it works out for you.
      Discharged- pro se- chapter 7~!

Comment

file chap 7 or 13, and tell them to keep the house.

That will teach them to reject money

I applied for a "secured" credit card a couple months back,
        and the $1000 was returned to me...so I went with
        another CC which accepted $500 - I taught them one
        valuable lesson...If you do not take my money, then
        I will be someone else's customer...

Bye CitiBank...

Hello AppliedBank

Comment

Originally posted by dscurlock View Post
          That will teach them to reject money
          I taught them one
          valuable lesson...If you do not take my money, then
          I will be someone else's customer...
          Bye CitiBank...
          Hello AppliedBank
          Sorry, you taught them nothing. It is this sort of thinking that loses the larger picture. Do you really think the CEO of any bank sits up nights worrying and wondering when the payment from dscurlock is going to arrive? Or that they jump for joy if it actually does?

I am not trying to be hard on you, but everyone needs a big wake-up call.

They simply DO NOT CARE.

The best way to approach it is to do the same. Treat all of these lenders and transactions without emotion, from a purely financial point of view. What IS best for you and your family?

That being said, there ARE times when emotion is a valid factor. If you can afford to keep a house, as an example, sometimes it is worth more than its upside down value would indicate. That is rarely the case, but it can happen.

When ALL of America (and the world) wakes up, and realizes the creditors care nothing for us, then we will have begun recovery.

Giving them a bit of mental leverage (I SHOWED THEM!!!) only muddles the waters for more people.

There IS no showing them.

They do not care.

They win whatever you choose.

Until the world wakes up, anyway.
          11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
          12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
          3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by DeadManCrawling View Post
            Sorry, you taught them nothing. It is this sort of thinking that loses the larger picture. Do you really think the CEO of any bank sits up nights worrying and wondering when the payment from dscurlock is going to arrive? Or that they jump for joy if it actually does?

I am not trying to be hard on you, but everyone needs a big wake-up call.

They simply DO NOT CARE.

The best way to approach it is to do the same. Treat all of these lenders and transactions without emotion, from a purely financial point of view. What IS best for you and your family?

That being said, there ARE times when emotion is a valid factor. If you can afford to keep a house, as an example, sometimes it is worth more than its upside down value would indicate. That is rarely the case, but it can happen.

When ALL of America (and the world) wakes up, and realizes the creditors care nothing for us, then we will have begun recovery.

Giving them a bit of mental leverage (I SHOWED THEM!!!) only muddles the waters for more people.

There IS no showing them.

They do not care.

They win whatever you choose.

Until the world wakes up, anyway.
            Yep, I agree and what is amazing is that creditors are human just like the rest of us They don't care--wonder what about themselves having their own financial challenges?
            Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
            Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

You think BOA is bad. Try dealing with Chase. I'd rather just go to a loan shark and have them cut off some fingers.

Comment

Sure he does...that CEO may not care about us personally...but
                if he wants his job or million $$ bonus...then he does care, because
                if he is not doing his job, or simply just does not care, then those
                CEO's would be out of work...

If you acted like you just do not care at work...
                how long do you think you will have your job?

Comment

Originally posted by dscurlock View Post

Sure he does...that CEO may not care about us personally...but
                  if he wants his job or million $$ bonus...then he does care, because
                  if he is not doing his job, or simply just does not care, then those
                  CEO's would be out of work...

If you acted like you just do not care at work...
                  how long do you think you will have your job?
                  It doesn't work that way anymore. This is America.

The CEO's you refer to are NOT doing their jobs. They receive their bonuses and pay either way. They cannot be fired, either, in most cases. They answer to, literally, no one. In fact, many folks argue that the government answers to THEM.

Simply put, the rules that apply to you and me, no longer apply to the CEO's and executives on Wall Street. They operate in a totally different world where failure is richly rewarded.

I'll just have to agree to disagree, politely, with no offense intended.
                  11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
                  12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
                  3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X