Best way to pay credit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to pay credit card

I've worked out some payment arrangements on the card I'm behind on (Lowes), in writing. But they hinted around that if I pay online or by check they're going to zap my bank-account for the whole balance owed (what's stopping them now I don't know). I can't pay at the store cause the store's refusing anything less than the balance owed.

I was thinking money-order by signature mail, or payment at a Wal-Mart payment center-- which gets me a receipt right then and there, and I can pay in cash so no risk to the bank account.

Which would be the smarter move?

Either of those options would work. I personally would do the money orders, but they both do what you need and keep your banking information private.
    8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
    11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokeIn2010 View Post
      I've worked out some payment arrangements on the card I'm behind on (Lowes), in writing. But they hinted around that if I pay online or by check they're going to zap my bank-account for the whole balance owed (what's stopping them now I don't know). I can't pay at the store cause the store's refusing anything less than the balance owed.

I was thinking money-order by signature mail, or payment at a Wal-Mart payment center-- which gets me a receipt right then and there, and I can pay in cash so no risk to the bank account.

Which would be the smarter move?
      There is absolutely no way that GE Money Bank or whoever owns your Lowes debt can "zap" your checking account. Whatever hints were relayed are designed to scare you into paying the balance. Sounds like they were partially successful. Next time one of those assclowns starts talking like that remind them YOU are recording the call. They'll stop the bs pronto.

I would go to the Lowes store to make the payment and if they refuse ask for a manager to sign a statement they are refusing to accept a payment from you at the store.
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

THE card you are behind on? As in, the ONLY card you are behind on? Sounds like you should be giving advice to the thousands of folks on this forum and not asking for it!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X