Savings money on groceries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savings money on groceries

Earlier today I read an article about the Angel Food Ministeries which sells boxes of food at terrific prices throughout the country. I'm going to give it a try and place an order for March. I'll write back later to share my experiences.

If you're interested in checking out the menus and locations, you can go to this site:

Theres a bunch of us on here that have/had gotten the food

Its an amazing deal..most of the food I really liked. Let us know what you think.

Comment

'Hub and I have used Angelfood for more than a year now. We like it, but it seems that some month's packages are better than others. So we take a close look at what is offered each month. It is good for basics, but you will still have to buy 'sides' such as salads, condiments and such.

Do a search here on Angelfood and see what comes up.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

hi
        I've been lucky to find a "food distribution" here in MN, and once a month they get lots of corporate surplus food and other fresh fruits/vegetables etc, and we go up there with our laundry baskets and totes.

For $10 donation (to defray shipping----big semis come in), we get about $100 of groceries. It's a great deal.

I love a bargain, especially these days.
        I might try angelfood ministry too - we have lots of locations for that too.

Comment

Can anyone get food at angel food?
          Or it just for low income?
          What am I saying> guess we are low income now since I'm now not working!!!!

Comment

Go to www.angelfoodministries.com and look for the distribution point closest to your location. They will give you an opportunity to type in your postal zip code.

And yes, ANYONE can sign up and buy the packages. It does not matter if you are on food stamps, or you are a multi-millionaire. They welcome and want everyone to participate, as the more people that do so, makes their costs go down.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

It can be a pretty good deal, but if you watch the sale flyers from the grocery stores, you can normally come out cheaper buying what you want, instead of the package deal. Most of the stuff is pretty good, but it seems that there is always a couple of things in there that no one wants.
              All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
              Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

We tried it and overall were dissappointed with the quality. There were things that we liked, but considering the things that we didn't, catching sales at the local markets works better for us. We have several friends that have been very happy with there products.
                Wife Laid off - 11/16/2009 Missed First Payments - 12/5/2009
                Filed Chap 7 - 12/31/2009
                341 - 2/12/2010
                Discharged - 4/19/2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCA2009 View Post
                  We tried it and overall were disappointed with the quality. There were things that we liked, but considering the things that we didn't, catching sales at the local markets works better for us. We have several friends that have been very happy with there products.
                  I agree. I remember looking over their stuff once.

It's not unlike using coupons. Many folks buy stuff with coupons they simply don't need. You end up with stuff you have no use for but you got a great deal on it!
                  Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I have made that same comment about coupons to hubby... He often wonders why I don't clip coupons from the Sunday paper. (He delivers papers @ night, always brings in the Sunday paper as he gets one for free.) Buying generic/sale items - there are rarely coupons that we can use from the Sunday paper.

We make a meal menu for the week, and use that to compile a shopping list. Random grocery shopping = bad! For us at least. Some weeks I can get most of our stuff at Aldi. No frills grocery store, and so they have less overhead and lower prices.
                    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
                    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

I print coupons from couponmom.com and they really come in handy. Most of the coupons are for items I buy regularly and there's no catch. I've been using it for at least a year.
                      Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
                      341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
                      Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X