Where to send DV's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to send DV's

I have several companies that I need to send a dv to.
    Here is my question to anybody already having sent dv's:
    would you send the 'dv' request to (i.e.):

United Recovery Systems
    5800 North Course Drive
    Houston, Tx 77072

OR:

Mrs. W. White
    United Recovery System, LP
    P.O. Box 722929
    Houston, Tx 77272

does it make any difference? ...I know it may be 'nitpicking' and irrelivant,
    b-u-t, I just want to make sure I am doing it correct.

THANKS !!!

I don't think it makes a difference. The one CA letter I have had lists of addresses depending on what state you were in on the back. Nice of them to give you the address...I guess they anticipate a lot of DVs.
    First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Another post in the wrong forum. You think the admins have nothing better to do than move off subject posts around?

To answer your question, doesn't make any difference as long as you send the DV with a return receipt and you get the green card returned. With a PO Box address the CMRR is signed at the post office by whatever mail carrier service the collection agency uses. It is usually just a stamp signature of the legal carrier business name. Sending it to the brick and mortar business will not get "Mrs. White's" signature (it's probably a pseudo name anyway), but just another stamp or scroll for whoever is in charge of incoming mail.

It's the legal proof that your sent the DV that is important. It also helps to include the certified mail return receipt tracking number on your DV letter. This requires you to fill out the CMRR card before you type the letter of course. You can pick up the USPS Form 3811's at any post office.
      “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

I sent one of them Certified Mail WITHOUT paying for a 'Return Reciept'. I had asked the postal employee about what the difference would be getting an 'Electronic Return Reciept Delivery Confirmation' (Proof of Delivery), and I was told that the difference is cost, as the request for signature proof of delivery is (from what I remember) $ 2.20 and a printed 'Electronic Return Reciept' is (from what I recall...) $ 1.10. She suggested getting the 'Electronic Return Reciept', and told me that it can be requested within 60 days of mailing a certified letter, and that she offered to help me get it if I wanted assistance (NICE!)

Comment

Uhh... just printed a copy of the Delivery Confirmation online and it worked just fine.
          BTW...'smart me'....I had ALREADY PAID the $ 1.10 for an Electronic Reciept at the time I sent the letter.

Comment

Great, electronic return receipt works too. I just like the feel of the little green card with a postmark and signature or stamp on it. What if the judge thinks you photo-shopped your downloaded receipt?
            “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

I appreciate

I appreciate the concern which is been rose. The things need to be sorted out because it is about the individual but it can be with everyone.
              ==========
              robert
              Buying New Cars

Comment

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X