How I Spent Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How I Spent Yesterday

Worked on helping my son get straight A's & study to get scholarships, to be able to go to college. Kept with it to get him a 4.0 & on the Dean's List for his 1st 3 semesters. He chose a math major. (I'm so proud...)

Did I mention that I got Sims 2 / University for Christmas?
    Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

That is the beauty of a game... Oh-I almost forgot to mention, my son also got engaged and made a bunch of friends at college. Not getting married though, until he graduates and gets a job, LOL.

(I did let my real, 7 year old son select the major for his Sims persona. My kids like watching me play because I tend to have characters formed after them. My youngest was a little disappointed that there were no toddlers or children at college, though.)
    Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

To much Sims, for me it's Command and Conquer "Yuris Revenge".
      "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

I like my Sims. Got Sims 2 Dec. '04, and got the expansion packs Dec. '05. Haven't put the 2nd expansion on yet.

Comment

Oh duuuuuuh.

I love my Sim City 3000. I also love playing Diablo too.

Rollar Coaster Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon, all of those are addictive. My youngest loves to build up a dinosaur park and then the raptors loose on the crowd.

Such a silly kid. Should I be worried?

Comment

I don't know Kam...

When playing the Sims, I've been known to make friends w/ the neighbors, have them move in (bringing their simoleans with them) and then kill them off. I do this by a. removing the ladder when they are in the pool so they ultimately drown or b. trap them in a room by blocking the exit so they starve to death. The first option is quicker!

Of course, with Sims 2 this isn't necessary as you can have them look in the paper to find a place of their own-they move out but leave their simoleans behind. Killing them is more interesting though, because then their ghosts may haunt the hause.

Comment

Indeed Sim City 3k is a good time.....
              The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

My simcity 3000 city at work has 275K population. I build a bit, then let it run in the background while I work.

Oh death is never a good thing in Simville. I once lost all my children (5 of them) because they couldn't get enough rest and food. It didn't help though that they were living in a really big house with *lots* of stimulation.

Sigh.

My youngest builds roller coasters, then cranks up the speed. She especially loves the explosions inside the tunnels.

Should I be worried about her? Are we closet sociopaths?

Comment

The main difference in Sim2 is your Sims age. In the original Sims, a baby turned into a child (unless you didn't take care of them well enough, in which case child services came for the baby) but there was no other aging. Now, babies-->toddlers-->children-->teenagers-->adults-->elderly adults. You start learning skills as a toddler and retain those as the child grows. Teens go to college w/ the University expansion, where they become young adults.

Since up to 8 Sims can live in the house at a time, a good plan if you're going to have kids (and want the parents to continue successfully in their careers) is to put an extra member in the family, who doesn't get a job outside the home... A built in nanny, I suppose. The work is not over once they grow out of the baby phase-you have to teach the toddler to walk & talk, and you also have to potty train them. A child is pretty self suportive, except for cooking, etc.

If you let the game go long enough, you could have a family that includes several generations...

Comment

I had one family with mom, pop, 3 kids and a nice house. I built a second smaller house in the back yard where the G-parents lived. It was weird at first because Gpa kept hitting on the mom.

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Kam
                      I had one family with mom, pop, 3 kids and a nice house. I built a second smaller house in the back yard where the G-parents lived. It was weird at first because Gpa kept hitting on the mom.

LOL

Hmmmm..Programmed arousal??

Comment

Well, I recall finding sites a while back dedicated to the Sims-where people made items for the game. Things like an expresso machine that refilled all your Sims needs. There were some people who played a variation of the game... Their household would be 3 female Sims, and who were not allowed to work outside the house or make money in any way except by Wooing and then Woohooing male visitors. Each time they successfully woohooed, the player would use a cheat code to add 1000 simoleans to the household. The idea was to play for 30 game days and then report the total earnings.

Comment

What's a simolean and .... whatever happened to being addicted to Soap Operas. All this wooing and woohooing and Grampas hitting on Moms would seriously make a great Soap!

Comment

Simoleans are Sim $, LOL.

Soaps are on in the daytime, computer games are available at the touch of a button.

Comment

My middle son has an odd sense of humor. His Sims, gay parents, drunken fights, burn the house down. The other two brothers laugh hysterically at his games. I'll get some of the details from the oldest.
                              Last edited by robivi3; 01-04-2006, 03:12 PM.
                              "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X