Watching the train a coming right at ya'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching the train a coming right at ya'

Long and short: Next son is due in a couple of weeks or so. I can't find work (combination of factors) and wife maternity leave pay isn't going to be as much as we thought. So instead of one card, we're going to fall behind on the whole stack (3). Once she gets back to work, we're going to be paying more in medical insurance, child care, and day to day living costs. And we've got a year before we can file for a Ch. 7.

The last time we filed, it was out of the blue with the insurance dumping a lot of unpaid medical in our laps (we've since changed companies). This time I can see the train a coming, and there's seems no way of getting out of its way.

Sucky feeling to be sure.

Well, if the train is coming, spend this next year preparing for the ride. Good luck to you and yours.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Since you have filed once before then you know most of the particulars involved with filing bankruptcy.
      As you say - it's a business decision - that often has to be made to change a situation around.
      Prepare for it, stay on top of the bills that you NEED TOO, and let the others in filing BK.....
      Right now the most important things in your life are family and survival of the family. A roof over your heads, food, and utilities. Maintain and pay for a auto so you have transportation.
      If you are "upside down" on your home or auto..... NOW is a good time to think about going with a different one.
      Most creditors will only send you late notices for 6 or 8 months before they even threaten..... then they send it to collections for a while. So basically you have at least 1 year to 18 months before any suits of any kind being started.
      If you own a home and don't make the payments, then can foreclose in 90 days.... so be prepared to move if you plan on giving up your home. Same with a auto, if you don't pay for it, they will repo it.
      Let us know what you decide to do, so we can help with some of the stress of all thats involved (how well you know, I'm sure).

Minny
      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X