Bankruptcy v Divorce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bankruptcy v Divorce

I have been thinking about the similarities between these two acts. In both situations commitments have been made. In both situations contracts are signed. Beyond the different parties involved in each (debtor and creditor in BK v husband & wife in DV) is there really any moral difference between the two actions? Bankruptcy occurs when financial conditions change to the point where resolution is needed. Divorce occurs when circumstances change which require resolution. Am I wrong here? Is there no basic moral difference between the two?

You are not wrong Tman - it's just that there is nothing to be "right" about. Divorce and bankruptcy are matters that require legal resolution, and both are emblematic of one party failing to live up to the terms of a contract - for any number of reasons.

They are both part of life and here to stay.

Comment

Thinking about this just makes my head hurt.

Comment

I have cried maybe a month over bk; cried years over divorce. I made bad choices in both situations.
        Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
        341- April 28, 2010;
        Confirmed May 25, 2010;
        $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

Comment

We all MAKE bad decisions and often bad choices on life's path...... Some of us just suck it up and live with it, others decide that they have had enough and want to be free from it all.
          Divorce and bankruptcy both give you "freedom to start over"!
          The only DIFFERENCE:

Bankruptcy is a "business decision"!
          Divorce is a "heartbreaking decision"!

But both affect us financially in the end................
          Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Whoa...been there, done that..2009 was the year from hell..I could look B of A in the eye and tell them to "stick" their Macmansion a lot easier than having my spouse of 24 years tell me she no longer cared to be married to me any longer..but it happened and I dealt with it..You move on, or go insane..and I choose to move on, however painstaking that is. Not much of an alternative, is there ??

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X