top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who can pull your credit without your permission?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who can pull your credit without your permission?

I just had my boat volunteered repo. In the agreement with the credit union I agreed to pay the difference between the balance and the sale price with a signature loan if they did not report it as a repo. I took the boat the the dealer and person as directed by the CU. Now they said it is a repo and they cannot change the reporting. I agreed to pay without any problems from me if they agreed to no repo. All my income is judgement proof. Now I found out they checked my credit report twice in two days. My question is can they pull my credit without me knowing and or signing something? (PS I know they can sue for the diff)
    Thanks

organizations "pull" your credit all the time...hard pull and soft pulls....insurance co,s that want to sell you life insurance, somebody wants to offer you a cc.....etc....they dont need your persmission.....

Comment

There is great misunderstanding about this issues.

1. Hard pulls are when someone gets your full credit report. This is usually the result of your authorization or what is known as a permitted purpose. Any time you take out a loan of some kind, you are pretty much giving them authorization to pull your credit report whenever they want.

2. Soft pulls are not even really pulls at all in the sense you may think. A soft pull DOES NOT usually contain much information beyond your name and address and a summary (at most). These are the routine marketing and update pulls. These pulls have no effect on anything.

Comment

Hard pull is if you apply for credit or give them permission. Usually the credit reporting agency will distinguish between hard and soft. Which reminds me to post another thread about my mortgage company making hard pulls every month I have been in CH 13, I doont think they had permissible purpose.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X