top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ughh.... Could not log on for several days..was going crazy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ughh.... Could not log on for several days..was going crazy...

I was getting a blank page for like the last 5 or so days. I could not figure out what the heck was wrong. Finally tried again this afternoon and got right on. The board looks different and a few more ads now. I like it though.

Was there a upgrade or is it just me and my PC settings?

Whatever it is or was I am just glad to be able to get back on and read. LOL

I was having BK Forum withdrawal. Seriously, it was making me nuts not being able to get on the forums.
    Last edited by sophia; 09-10-2010, 03:43 PM.

Yeh I was wondering the same thing....started to think the men in black helicopters had shut the site down....

Comment

Site was down, they found a different host I guess due to new look? I thought it was my explorer, cleared all settings, lol.
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

I was freaking out too......lol

I checked every couple of hours. I'm happy it's up and running now!
        "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
          Site was down, they found a different host I guess due to new look? I thought it was my explorer, cleared all settings, lol.
          Me too... cleared cache, cleared cookies..tried all kind of things...even did a system restore to see if it was the last batch of windows updates causing it. LOL

Comment

I was freaking out too, this is the BEST bk forum and I was afraid it was gone for good.

Comment

Same here! I was starting to think I was banned or being blocked from the forum. (talk about paranoid!)

Comment

There is another website that I visit frequently that has the exact same "look" that the old bkforum had. That site was down all week too - it still is. I am guessing that the company that designed/hosted the old site had a server crash and all the sites hosted on that server were out.

Glad it's back!!!! Thanks to the owner(s) for getting things back up and running!

Comment

The forum software that Laz, owner and administrator of the BKForum, is a very popular package and is used extensively elsewhere. I belong to two other sites--totally dissimilar subjects--that use the same software. Their administrators have set them up to serve their own needs and purposes, and so while being spun off the same software, they look different, and act differently.

We may never know what exactly happened unless Laz chooses to share it.
                  "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

OMG - glad I wasnt the only one thinking the MIB's got the site LMAO! Holy smokes... glad its back up and running!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                      The forum software that Laz, owner and administrator of the BKForum, is a very popular package and is used extensively elsewhere. I belong to two other sites--totally dissimilar subjects--that use the same software. Their administrators have set them up to serve their own needs and purposes, and so while being spun off the same software, they look different, and act differently.

We may never know what exactly happened unless Laz chooses to share it.
                      The board obviously underwent some unplanned events and it's not yet fixed. The Search function database has been lost from 2-26-2009 until 9-10-2010. That's almost the last 17 months of posts that are no longer searchable. While these posts may still appear in the index, finding them without Search will be nearly impossible. Just try reviewing your own posts to see how much is missing.

For example, a check of AngelinaCat's posts now show he has not posted anything between 2-26-09 and 9-9-10.

I hope Laz and whomever is aware of this and can repair the Search function database. It is basically useless as it is today.
                      “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Jake - I though I was barred too! Kept on wondering what I had posted that could ban me. Made promises to myself that I would be VERY careful if I was ever allowed on again. Well, once it was up I looked and I didn't look like I'd said anything wrong - but, in a way it was good because I now periondically read the rules to make sure I'm following them!

Comment

The Search feature was worked over extensively yesterday, and should be okay now. Please try it and let me know whether or not it does or doesn't, or what quirks you may observe with it. Please also resport anything else that you note that isn't working.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                            The Search feature was worked over extensively yesterday, and should be okay now. Please try it and let me know whether or not it does or doesn't, or what quirks you may observe with it. Please also report anything else that you note that isn't working.

Thanks
                            It looks like the listing of ALL of a person's posts function is back, although not quite sure. You, for example, have a 3 week block when you made no posts this year. Maybe you were just not posting, but it doesn't seem quite right.

The Search function is still not right. For example I searched for the words "social security" and my name for all text, and only found one post. I know I've had posts with social security in them dozens of times. I can think of one just a week ago, and it does not show up in the Search.

Also a word search shows topics found, but they are all in some random date order. With 10 pages of hits listed, you have to go through all of them trying to find a date. So I guess the sorting of posts by date is not working yet.

Progress... but needs more work.

Thanks,
                            WM
                            “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Hi WM:

I'll pass this along. I have been in and out of town during the Spring and Summer, and haven't been on the forum as much as I usually am. One of those times was a three week stretch at the BIL's place, so a three weeek gap in posts for me sounds about right.

AC

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X