Trapped Chilean Miners.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trapped Chilean Miners.....

.... The rescue is about to begin. For those who would like to follow along, here is a link to a live feed via the UK Telegraph:

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

As I understand, we won't be able to see anything, but this is truly a world event! I will celebrate each time the light goes off!! Thanks for posting.
    Filed Pro Se Ch. 7 on 7/7/10 341 Meeting 8/19/10
    Last Day for Objections 10/18/10 Discharged to a Fresh New Start 11/1/10

Comment

Hats off to the doggedness of those miners, my prayers and best wishes are with them and their families.
      URL Removed by Admin

Comment

The first miner was brought to the surface about 10 minutes ago, and is said to be doing well...

Comment

The whole thing is pretty amazing. I just heard that each miner was allowed one spoonful of canned tuna every 48 hours -- this was enough to keep everyone alive for the 10 weeks they have been down there, each of them have lost 20+ lbs

I can't even begin to imagine what the last several weeks have been like for them. I'm sure their lives will never be the same again.

Comment

Originally posted by AbbeyA View Post
            The whole thing is pretty amazing. I just heard that each miner was allowed one spoonful of canned tuna every 48 hours -- this was enough to keep everyone alive for the 10 weeks they have been down there, each of them have lost 20+ lbs

I can't even begin to imagine what the last several weeks have been like for them. I'm sure their lives will never be the same again.
            From what I heard, that was the first 17 days before it was discovered that all 33 were alive. Then as supply shafts and all were drilled, more supplies were sent down.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
              From what I heard, that was the first 17 days before it was discovered that all 33 were alive. Then as supply shafts and all were drilled, more supplies were sent down.
              That makes more sense ... what an incredible story of survival and humanity. It was pretty moving to see the first miner out hug his wife and son.

I'm sure this story will be written as a screenplay and turned into a movie.

Comment

its in yahoo front page....

Comment

17 days surviving in conditions like that, pretty incredible and amazing. I bet some or probably all of them wouldn't want the same job again.
                  Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by wnguyen View Post
                    17 days surviving in conditions like that, pretty incredible and amazing. I bet some or probably all of them wouldn't want the same job again.
                    Total was 69 days.
                    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Yeah it seems this event was televised the world over and caught the imagination of every body. so many people were praying for their safety and well being.
                      URL Removed by Admin

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X