No announcement yet.

Any horror movie junkies out here ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I probably have to say that for me, 'The Birds' has to be at the all time top of my list. I remember it was the feature on the NBC presentation, 'Saturday Night At The Movies'. I guess this was in the late 1960s or early '70s. The movie riveted and held your attention even through the commercial breaks. And when it finished, you were emotionally wrung out.

Then the next day, Sunday, at church, everybody asked each other: "Did you see THAT movie last night????!!!"
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Okay I have a few movies I've yet to watch and have on my Netflix list but want to know if they're worth watching or if they're a dud. (please dont tell me anything to spoil the movie as I've yet to see them )

Shutter Island

The Crazies

Season of the Witch

The Stepfather (remake)

and... want to know if anyone has seen "Paranormal Activity 2" yet! The first one scared the beejesus out of me so hoping the 2nd one is even better. From the trailer it looks like it's going to be great.

Comment

Ok, can't ya tell by my username, I am a BIGTIME horror junkie too!

Zombies are my preferred genre. But I like em all,........slashers, classics, vampires, etc

LOVE Shaun of the Dead, Evil Dead II, Dawn of the Dead, The Crazies, 28 days/weeks later, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Blade Trilogy, Rob Zombie Flicks.

Stephen King is a GOD!

The new The Walking Dead series on AMC that started on Halloween has me wishing the weekend would fly by so Sunday night will come sooner.
        Filed PRO SE 10/12/10......341 held 11/8/10......awaiting discharge.....

Comment

Pandora..........

Shutter Island LONG, more drama/ suspense, but good

The Crazies YES YES YES

Season of the Witch havent seen let me know

The Stepfather (remake) GOOD ONE

Comment

Originally posted by DebtZombie View Post
            Pandora..........

Shutter Island LONG, more drama/ suspense, but good

The Crazies YES YES YES

Season of the Witch havent seen let me know

The Stepfather (remake) GOOD ONE
            Thanks DZ - Now I wont waste time watching something that's stupid Will add them all to my list to watch.

Okay since you love Zombies and the like, then perhaps you can tell me this: What in the world is the Zombie Apocalypse that I keep hearing about?! LOL Hubby and I were watching Wife Swap the other night (yeah, guilty pleasure I admit it) and some woman was freaking out about the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse that was coming. We looked at each other with a WTH and then busted out laughing. This is like the third time I've heard that Zombies are going to take over the world. LMAO! huh?!

So... do tell... I know you know

Comment

Ahhh, the zombie apocolypse. One of my fav subjects. While some families play the "What if" game to get themselves ready for homeland terrorism or biological threats, some families choose to be prepared by planning for the end of the world by the attack of flesh eating ghouls. It's more of a game in our house, we sit and plan out what we would do, the weapons needed, the skills we have, supplies, escape routes, how to properly bar up windows and doors etc... of course I have 3 teenagers! 4 weeks ago we went to the Denver Zombie Crawl, all dressed up like zombies, along with 10k others. What a blast, and a great way to get teens to do something with their parents. But at the same time, we are making family plans for the more credible threats, just in an odd way.

Comment

Originally posted by DebtZombie View Post
                Ahhh, the zombie apocolypse. ...
                See, knew you'd know what it was! So....I'm assuming most people basically "play" this vs. actually believing it will happen...is this correct? I mean, people cannot honestly believe that zombies will take over the world..right? (please say no LOL) Although..I think that woman on Wife Swap actually believed it - saw her handing a "Zombie Preparedness Kit" to the family!

Uhm.... yeah. Well... if it ever happens..I'll be sure to get my tin-foil hat ready to protect my brain! ROFL! Compliments of the movie "Signs"

On a lighter note - I forgot a movie that was awesome in this category. While technically not a "horror" movie, it had such a twist and was very suspenseful... "The Village" by M. Knight Shalaman.

I just got done watching it.. again.

Comment

Watch enough zombie flicks.....have a low IQ, limited education and some enough moonshine and you could start to beleive it was real!

HAHAH, check this QUIZ out to see if you are ready! LOL

Find all your favorite shows on Nick.com! Watch full episodes and video clips of SpongeBob, Loud House, Young Dylan, and many more, all right here!

I liked THE VILLAGE, didnt love it persay, but the plot was great! What an original idea! M NIGHT SHAMALAMADINGDONG does wonderful pieces, loved SIGNS!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                    I probably have to say that for me, 'The Birds' has to be at the all time top of my list. I remember it was the feature on the NBC presentation, 'Saturday Night At The Movies'. I guess this was in the late 1960s or early '70s. The movie riveted and held your attention even through the commercial breaks. And when it finished, you were emotionally wrung out.

Then the next day, Sunday, at church, everybody asked each other: "Did you see THAT movie last night????!!!"
                    As a child, The Birds freaked me out BIG TIME. Especially in the fall when the starlings would swarm. I had the pleasure of sharing the movie with my young teens a few years back. We lived not for from Bodega, CA where the schoolhouse from the movie still stands, along with the small church. I had a hard time watching it and wondering what about it scared me so bad. My kids couldn't stop laughing. I guess that tells us how far special effects have come in the last 40-50 years.

I'd have to say that Hitchcock's "Psycho" was far more frightening to me though.
                    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
                      oooh.... forgot about The Shining! Awesome.... part where the old woman comes out of the tub...*shivers*

"He who walks behind the rows..." *tee hee*

All great movies - must've seen them a hundred times a piece at this point.

How about Amityville Horror (original..not remake)

and of course..who can leave out Nightmare on Elm Street (orig.) "One, two Freddy's comin' for you...."
                      The Amityville that I found to be scary was Amityville 2, the possession. When I was a teenager many years ago, I watchedit with my sister. We decided to do a slumber party in the living room with our new portable hammocks.

Let's just say that every time she moved, I thought she was going to get me. The rest of the them, including the first one, were lame.

Comment

Speaking of zombies...Has anyone seen the new zombie series on AMC? Worth checking out?

Comment

<----fellow horror movie junkie here!!
                          I'm kind of a traditionalist in my horror picks...give me pure suspense like in the old days....to much gore today.
                          Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se: 12/23/2010
                          341 Meeting: 01/26/2011
                          Discharged: 03/29/2011

Comment

rdknipp..........AMC's Walking Dead is a HIT! Worth watching 100%, its like a mini movie every week! Good acting, great charecters, and they put lotsa money into every episode. LOVE IT!

They came up with a zombie fact I never thought about, how zombies also know you by smell...........so in last week's episode in order to walk thru a crowd of zombies, they covered/soaked themselves in blood and even hung hands/feet/intestines around their necks. Worked great, till it rained of course....hahahahahaha.
                            cant remember ever really seeing that played out in a zombie movie before.

Comment

I watched the "Walking Dead" series the other night (showed all 3 episodes) and gotta say..for a TV show...it's pretty gory and comped to an actual movie. Impressive. Now I'm curious as to where that guy on the roof went? Hmmmm

Comment

I heartily love scary movies. I really like to see this kind of movies. I have see both the move name The Exorcist , Evil Dead. Out of them I really like The Exorcist. It is my favourite scary movie forever. I like that little girl and her expression.
                                [url removed by Moderator.]

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X