Stupid F'in Recruiters and Hiring Companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid F'in Recruiters and Hiring Companies

Man I am getting so pissed off. I get a recruiter who has called me twice (I have been using my time trying to find jobs, so I am calling back recruiters when I get some free time). This one asks me all about my skills and all that and I can tell she is not really interested in that.

She finally gives me the pitch, that her company sells debt protection and identify theft protection plans. I ask her what this has to do with the companies her staffing firm has that are a match for me. She says we are looking for people to sell identity protection plans. I hung up in her face.

I keep getting B.S. recruiter and other stupid commission only or other crazy business scheme calls that find my resume on the job boards.

Oh yeah, still seeing these same companies posting for the same jobs. I have some I am a very close match for, a few with experience even in their industry and all the skill sets match. They don't call me, yet they keep posting. I really wonder if they want to fill these positions or are they looking for GOD to fill their positions. Of course GOD would have to take a major pay cut with them.

Comment

You know, I encounter some of these things myself. Companies used to look for a smart person with relevant skills. Now they look for a person with skill X, G, H, and K. Someone with skills X G, H, and W applies. They reject the person since they don't have experience with K. Then companies say they have unfilled positions and try to bring in cheap foreign workers on H1 Visas.

OR I find this. True story, a company wanted a CPA with 5 years of manufacturing exerience, financial analysis skills, that can perform database programming. Salary 45,000 - 50,000. I knew someone with the skills, but that is a 75,000+ skill set. I actually called about it to gather information and apparently the company just has it in their head that 50,000 is a lot of money and that is pretty much as high as they go for anything. Of course they are struggling to fill any skilled position.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisdfw View Post
        You know, I encounter some of these things myself. Companies used to look for a smart person with relevant skills. Now they look for a person with skill X, G, H, and K. Someone with skills X G, H, and W applies. They reject the person since they don't have experience with K. Then companies say they have unfilled positions and try to bring in cheap foreign workers on H1 Visas.

OR I find this. True story, a company wanted a CPA with 5 years of manufacturing exerience, financial analysis skills, that can perform database programming. Salary 45,000 - 50,000. I knew someone with the skills, but that is a 75,000+ skill set. I actually called about it to gather information and apparently the company just has it in their head that 50,000 is a lot of money and that is pretty much as high as they go for anything. Of course they are struggling to fill any skilled position.
        I agree, database programming, SQL skills, etc. command a much higher salary. And when did a CPA's salary drop this low? I have seen first hand with a bunch of companies I worked for that they brought in programmers and IT personnel from India and Russia. These people cost a lot less than Americans and each of those people they brought in as employees and consultants was one less job for someone in this country that is struggling. No wonder the unemployment rate is so high. How can someone compete against a person in India that will work 7 days a week for half the price???

And I have run into this problem with missing one of the letters you mention. I often run into this where they demand those 5 categories and I don't have one of them, but I could come up to speed rather quickly if they would only give me a chance. I have gone through many industries and I adapt very quickly, yet that doesn't seem to matter.

No wonder they keep posting for the same jobs. I wish they would fire the hiring manager and HR employees for not filling those positions.

Comment

Another problem I am seeing is companies that perform some of my function are selling this service to hiring companies. The company then places ads and hires entry level people and gives them the quick minimum training and of course has some people above to step in for minimal assistance. The companies take away the jobs from us, the experts and does a crappy job for the client that would have hired us. They reassure the client they are doing everything right.

I have been on the hiring end for projects when the CEO asks to bring in one of these people and they usually don't have a clue what they are doing.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X