Found a rental!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a rental!

Through contacts at church we have been able to rent a 4 bedroom house for 300 under what the average rate is. Not only that, but they are letting us pay 1/2 rent for the next two months because our lease isn't up yet in our current place yet. We expressed interest in purchasing this house in a few years, they offered to apply 20% of our rent off the purchase price.

They own the house, no loan attached. Makes it a lot easier for us.

Congrats, and Happy Packing!
    Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

YAY! Always nice to hear good news.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Thanks! I'm so excited. I've worried that with our credit we would have a harder time, or that we might rent from someone going into or in the middle of a foreclosure. So this is perfect.

and we are on track to have settled and paid off all of our debt by May. Things are looking up.

Comment

Congrats!
          Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out alive.

Comment

Congrats Lovemybugs10! We were able to find a nice place too, where the owner valued type of people versus credit rating. Good luck to you. Mike.

Comment

Congrats to you too, carlsbadmike!

Comment

Originally posted by lovemybugs10 View Post
                Through contacts at church we have been able to rent a 4 bedroom house for 300 under what the average rate is. Not only that, but they are letting us pay 1/2 rent for the next two months because our lease isn't up yet in our current place yet. We expressed interest in purchasing this house in a few years, they offered to apply 20% of our rent off the purchase price.

They own the house, no loan attached. Makes it a lot easier for us.
                "bugs" I am so glad you updated us! Congratulations on your new place. How wonderful that your church and your new landlord are working with you as you get back on your feet. (Remember, I am the mom with 4 kids who was in a similar situation with needing an affordable home in a SAFE area.) There are good people out there - I know my landlord took a chance on me and he has not regretted it (nor will he!)
                Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
                New Job 7-2011

Comment

I'm so glad you found a place too!

Comment

I was going to say what the person above said - realtor.com and craigslist.comThese are real people renting their homes - not apartment complex's. I've had alot of luck with both sites.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X