• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Investment Legends: “Dollar Collapse Inevitable”

Investment Legends: “Dollar Collapse Inevitable”
    March 23, 2011 – 3:24 pm No Gravatar

Jeff Clark, BIG GOLD

What will happen to the U.S. economy and the dollar in the near term? Will inflation increase dramatically? What is the outlook for gold, and where should you put your money? BIG GOLD asked a world-class panel of economists, authors, and investment advisors what they expect for the future. Caution: strong opinions ahead…

All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Well US economy is facing tough times and value of dollar may go down temporarily but i do not think it will collapse.
    URL Removed by Admin

Comment

Originally posted by goodyphilips View Post
      Well US economy is facing tough times and value of dollar may go down temporarily but i do not think it will collapse.

I sure hope you're right, but hope is for the Obama supporters and never does much good.

I can sadly see it collapse due to our huge annual deficit being monetized by the fed.

This fiscal year we are running a 1.5 trillion dollar deficit and 70% of this is being funded by the fed's digital printing press.

If this keeps up and sadly it will it won't be long before foreigners begin dumping their dollar denominated assets. Japan may have to sell their US debt holdings to rebuild their nation. That means more printing by Benny B.

good post frogger, thanks!
      The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Originally posted by banca rotta View Post
        I sure hope you're right, but hope is for the Obama supporters and never does much good.

I can sadly see it collapse due to our huge annual deficit being monetized by the fed.

This fiscal year we are running a 1.5 trillion dollar deficit and 70% of this is being funded by the fed's digital printing press.

If this keeps up and sadly it will it won't be long before foreigners begin dumping their dollar denominated assets. Japan may have to sell their US debt holdings to rebuild their nation. That means more printing by Benny B.

good post frogger, thanks!
        Well this could be possible due to our large deficit but i think government should stop playing global cop for some time,the money spent in war efforts is huge.
        URL Removed by Admin

Comment

Ahhh, I had a customer talk to me for over an hour the other day on this very topic. He was pushing gold, silver, and commodities in general. He then went on to push Christianity on me...
          Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
          Discharged: August 2010
          A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Originally posted by iswmle View Post
            Ahhh, I had a customer talk to me for over an hour the other day on this very topic. He was pushing gold, silver, and commodities in general. He then went on to push Christianity on me...

I'm not a gold or silver bug, but you cannot argue with the fact that the dollar is losing it's value more rapidly mostly as a result of all of the bailouts, stimulus and deficit spending over the past few years.

The govt is only days away from it's credit limit and we all know they will raise it once again.

With the projected deficit going to be about 1.5 trillion, the Chinese only buying a 3rd of that not to mention Japan in the coming months may buy less debt and sell some of their existing holdings to rebuild, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where this is heading.
            The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

These gold and silver pushers are funny. The want you to believe that the world is coming to an end. Well, if that happens, then who really cares? We are all going to die anyway, the last time I checked. Besides, the price is too high right now imo.

Best bet is just rent cheap as possible in a good area, or buy a home as cheap as possible in a good area. You are going to need shelter. Also, you are going to need food, so learn how to plant and make your own stuff too.

Comment

Originally posted by espo1357 View Post
                These gold and silver pushers are funny. The want you to believe that the world is coming to an end. Well, if that happens, then who really cares? We are all going to die anyway, the last time I checked. Besides, the price is too high right now imo.

Best bet is just rent cheap as possible in a good area, or buy a home as cheap as possible in a good area. You are going to need shelter. Also, you are going to need food, so learn how to plant and make your own stuff too.
                I agree. Gold and silver may be part of an investment plan, but you sure can't eat them.

Control expenses, learn to grow your food as much as possible, and take care of your personal economy. We can't control what the criminals in our government are doing, so we must take care of our own.
                All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by espo1357 View Post

Originally posted by frogger View Post
                  I agree. Gold and silver may be part of an investment plan, but you sure can't eat them.

Control expenses, learn to grow your food as much as possible, and take care of your personal economy. We can't control what the criminals in our government are doing, so we must take care of our own.
                  Yes to all above, particularly these two. I would say your best bet is to stockpile (in a safe place, more than one place for sure) things that you will use. Food first, ammo second, paper products, soaps and all things you can eat, use, or barter. Seeds for sure and plant enough for the rabbits as well. Get friendly with like thinking neighbors or make them think like you in that those who have, must protect from those "grasshoppers" who have not prepared. Use coupons for two to one items and stow the other items. DO NOT stockpile frozen foods. MRE type or freeze dried and there are some meals to go that heat themselves.

If you have a chance to get a good used diesel car, you can store diesel fuel and a diesel will burn all oils except water and gasoline. I use used peanut oil in my tractor all the time. I burn the hydrolic oil (5 gallons) when I have to change it. Rather than pollute the place I just mow the grass with it.

Purchase cheap ammo like 22 long riffle hollow point. Can kill a rabbit or a man, and is good to barter with. Acquire at least two weapons, a rifle (22 cal) and a pistol (22 cal) .

Learn to garden and purchase the tools for a small garden. By small every bit of a standard back yard. Coordinate with your neighbors and sell them on a garden as well. Trade commodities of the garden between your "commune".

Don't misunderstand, I'm not a Mormon or a nutcase survivalist, but I am a practical type. "It was not raining when Noah built the Arc". Worse case is you will be able to hold and protect. Best case is I'm wrong (as well as many others) and all will be 'ducky'. Then, you can eat your food at yesterday's price, and enjoy your fresh vegetables from your garden. It is a win, win, theory. 'Hub
                  If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X