top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any other new filers having a hard time feeling "wealthier" than before filing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by APL View Post
    I realize with the amount of debt I had (well still have as I have yet to file) my net worth was severely negative.

Yet with credit cards if I had a car repair, pet emergency, emergency housing repair - I would have been able to pay for it.

I decided to file awhile ago and stopped paying/using my credit cards. After the BK, this terrible debt I will be in will be gone.

Not having the cards, and my net worth now being zero with the most minimal money in my bank account (no savings even, just what I can hang onto in my savings account) I am always worried about the next emergency.

I actually still feel greatly in debt because it is such slowing going trying to save up to pay my attorney fee.

I realize when the BK is done, a net worth of zero is infinitely better than being in the red with credit card debt.

Yet I don't know when I will fell true relief financially - things keep happening that deplete what little I am able to put away. I am truly living paycheck to paycheck.

I've gone from one worry that was constantly on my mind for years (CC debt), to another (no rainy day money).

Tips on coping?
    While I don't feel monetarily wealthier since filing, I do feel comfortable again. I managed to keep my home (didn't reaffirm), my car and everthing else. I actually can now do some of the things I did before cc payments took my life. I have a bit in savings although it's not what I had 3 years ago, I am healthy and truly blessed with loving family and friends. What more an one ask for afer BK?

In 19 days I hope to be discharged and put BK behind me but I am still "sweating" a last minute AP on a large balance transfer. Hopefully, it will NOT happen and I will be done so I can move on with my life.
    Last edited by sunshinepa; 07-03-2011, 01:09 PM. Reason: spelling
    Filed CH 7 4/15/11
    341 5/23/11
    DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X