Economic Armageddon and You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Economic Armageddon and You

Wondering about the American economy? This animated video explains inflation, stagflation, recession and more, all in 5 minutes.UPDATE: Due to popular demand...

The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately it's getting very close to reality and that should scare the sh*t out of people.

Comment

Originally posted by BKorbust View Post
      Thanks for posting. Unfortunately it's getting very close to reality and that should scare the sh*t out of people.

That's the point of this and most of my other posts. We should all be so scared of these realistic scenerios that we do everything we can to prevent them.
      The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

scary stuff..makes me wonder what it will take to get people to stop being so apathetic.

Comment

Whatever Has Happened?

Deleted
          Last edited by spearmint; 06-30-2011, 08:19 PM. Reason: Found answer

Comment

That is an excellent basic explanation, but like everything there are tons of variables...and since we don't know what the future will bring we are not able to predict. Using just the past to predict in this constantly changing world no longer works very well (in my opinion)

Comment

Good video. It is too bad that, in general we are all just sitting back and watching everything implode. I just don't know how everything will really play out as IF the middle class is wiped out it is going to be pretty hard for those in power to continue to profit. Can you just imagine how ugly things will be if the food, water, medical and or other basic supplies start to disappear ?

Comment

Yes. The "global economic collapse' is bound to occur. Hundreds of millions, even billions, of human beings will suffer and die. Then, the survivors will start from scratch, and try something a little bit different, but it will not be any more successful than past human attempts at balance and equality.

That's just the way life is.

Comment

When we have a president who constantly lies, breaks the law, and ignores the Constitution and States Rights, we not only effect our own country but the world. As some say, when America gets a cold, the World gets pneumonia.

What has ever brought us out of a recession/Depression? WAR,
                  If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Our problems should not be blamed on one person.......the extreme shift of $$$ into the hands of fewer and fewer people has been happening for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by done11 View Post
                      Our problems should not be blamed on one person.......the extreme shift of $$$ into the hands of fewer and fewer people has been happening for a long time.
                      But money is not a finite amount. You sell your time and talent or goods for tokens called money. The idea that all money is a slice of pie is not correct. The real problem in this country is not dependent upon a person. The person at hand is not cooperative to correct the situation. It has been caused by many. Start at the top, pick any president and then, remember, Congress is who allows the money to be spent. Who is in control of Congress and who now is the spokesperson. You cannot blame Bush forever, and no, I did not like Bush either.

Re-read the link above and it is simply made so that IDOT's can understand it. (a term not forbade on this forum).

We are going 90 miles an hour down a dead end street. Cannot you see this? 'Hub
                      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                        When we have a president who constantly lies, breaks the law, and ignores the Constitution and States Rights, we not only effect our own country but the world. As some say, when America gets a cold, the World gets pneumonia.

What has ever brought us out of a recession/Depression? WAR,
                        Hub, I hate to disagree with you, but WAR did not bring the US out of the Depression - it was FDR's programs, and the massive massive SPENDING and full-employment during WW2 - that could have been achieved without war as well.

Also, the previous admin ignored the Constitution...consistently...

Comment

But money is not a finite amount. You sell your time and talent or goods for tokens called money. The idea that all money is a slice of pie is not correct. The real problem in this country is not dependent upon a person. The person at hand is not cooperative to correct the situation. It has been caused by many. Start at the top, pick any president and then, remember, Congress is who allows the money to be spent. Who is in control of Congress and who now is the spokesperson. You cannot blame Bush forever, and no, I did not like Bush either.

Re-read the link above and it is simply made so that IDOT's can understand it. (a term not forbade on this forum).

We are going 90 miles an hour down a dead end street. Cannot you see this? 'Hub
                          RIght - it's not as much how much is spent, but WHAT it is being spent on...according to a study published by the COngressional BUdet office the wars are likely to have cost - THUS FAR, over 2 TRILLION dollars..

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
                            RIght - it's not as much how much is spent, but WHAT it is being spent on...according to a study published by the COngressional BUdet office the wars are likely to have cost - THUS FAR, over 2 TRILLION dollars..
                            NOW we're speaking the same line. I agree. However, the money in FDR days was pushed to WPA (We Poke Along) but the real need was the "Rosy the riveter" and and the lend-lease. Then the war and after.

You have to admit, the chips fall on the current situation, as it has in the past. It is almost three years and to date, "Hope, and Change" has been hopelessly changing our Country into a second rate bankrupt mess.

I see it daily in my own area. 'Hub

Comment

Well, the WPA was a great success - employed the millions of unemployed men roaming the countryside, and building much needed infrastructure, which could and SHOULD be done today.

I think Obama's issue is that he was elected (do you remember Obama as FDR on Time's cover in late 2008?) Is that he is no FDR - he has not been willing and/or able to go as far as FDR...we DESPERATELY need DOMESTIC spending...

NOW we're speaking the same line. I agree. However, the money in FDR days was pushed to WPA (We Poke Along) but the real need was the "Rosy the riveter" and and the lend-lease. Then the war and after.

You have to admit, the chips fall on the current situation, as it has in the past. It is almost three years and to date, "Hope, and Change" has been hopelessly changing our Country into a second rate bankrupt mess.

I see it daily in my own area. 'Hub

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X