top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Entitled to Payment in a Chase Class Action Lawsuit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entitled to Payment in a Chase Class Action Lawsuit?

Hello All,

I was wondering what to do in a class action lawsuit, Kardonick v. JP Morgan Chase & Co. et al, Case No. 1:2010cv23235. The Plaintiffs allege that Chase's credit card business engaged in breaches of contract, unfair and deceptive practices, etc., with "payment protector" products. I filed Chapter 7 & was discharged in 2009, also wiping out thousands in Chase Credit Card Debt.

Since I was enrolled in Chase's "payment protector," I am a member of the settlement class and received a postcard.

My Options: 1) file a claim for money from the settlement, 2) exclude myself from the settlement, or 3) object to the settlement.

Can I receive a settlement after I filed bankruptcy on Chase 2 years ago?

I am involved in one of these too, but don't truthfully expect to see more than a buck out of it if/when everything is said and done. The only folks who get anything out of these class action suits are the attorneys. Can't see why you should opt out, but I wouldn't expect much to come of it.

BTW, for anyone else who was screwed by the 250% minimum payment increase that Chase weaseled their way into on a "guaranteed rate for the life of the loan" scam, I'd be happy to dig up the info on the class action suit. I had a fantasy of suing them in small claims court.....

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X