The Hunger Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hunger Games

Has anyone here read "The Hunger Games" and/or any of the 2 books following that made up the trilogy?

After I finished the trilogy, I did sit down and wonder if this could be in the future...

The movie (about the first book) opens March 23rd!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

I did.
    Great reads.
    Yes I thought the same thing. Not so far from possible, especially if the economy continues in a downward spiral. Has happened for real in the past... and history always repeats itself.
    Supposed to be the blockbuster of the year.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

There are videos of "how to do Katniss's braid" and "how to make a mockingjay pin" all over the internet.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I wonder how many little girls will be named Katniss or Primrose or Rue. Remember the 'Bella' craze?

I have tickets for hubby and I for the opening day matinee. Too old to go to the midnight show...
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~

Comment

Have to save up my pennies so I can go too.
          Haven't seen a movie in the theater since Harry Potter finale.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I rather like the name Katniss. Smart cookies are probably already designing personalized items with that name.
            Kat for short has always been pretty popular anyway.
            The power of one good idea. Wish I had one

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I haven't been to the movies in ages. Hubby left some $$ in his pocket that I confiscated when it was in the dryer. Whoever folds and finds it - keeps it!! Woot - popcorn funds!

I hope you get to go!! I'd offer to buy ya a ticket and treat ya - but I think the gas $$ would be a killer!

Woody Harrelson playing Haymitch is gonna get him a whole new fan following - in a whole new demographic! LOL

Comment

Aww, thanks VY.
                <3 <3 <3
                Fortunately we've had a very mild winter here so the gas bills have been low, and I should be able to do a matinee for $6 and BYOP.
                I haven't been following the casting, but Woody will be PERFECT for the role.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I read the books and thought that they were great. However I was discussing the books with a friend and I made the statement to her that I wish I hadn't read them. Kind of depressing. But I will see the movie, I think!

Comment

Hmmm. I hadn't heard of these books or the movie, though I think we saw a trailer once, and wondered. "What's THAT?" I'll have to check them out.
                    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

My daughter has read the books twice. I'll take her to see the movie.
                      "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by icee65 View Post
                        I read the books and thought that they were great. However I was discussing the books with a friend and I made the statement to her that I wish I hadn't read them. Kind of depressing. But I will see the movie, I think!
                        It's intentionally depressing. The author is making an educated statement. She has done her homework on the public craze for reality tv, bloodlust, the economy, power/corruption.....

personally, I intend to learn more about urban foraging. Can't hurt.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Anyone remember the movie, 'Rollerball'?

Comment

I do!!

There is some marked similarity between 'Rollerball' and The Hunger Games.

ETA: Even though this is a Scholastic book targeted at tweens, I really enjoyed reading it. It definitely gives you food for thought in this day and age.
                            Last edited by ValleYum; 03-06-2012, 03:36 PM.

Comment

I have just checked out Hunger Games. I work PT at a college library, and I have seen it and the other two books on the New Book display, but had never paid any attention to them...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X