eBay problems...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBay problems...?

Have any of you had a problem with your eBay accounts today? Both my God-daughter's and my accounts have been disabled today for some strange excuse:

Attention!

We've noticed some activity on your account, and we need your help in verifying some information. We're sorry for this inconvenience, but while we're working things out with you, you'll have limited access to list new items on eBay.

Please proceed to your my eBay and follow the steps outlined in the email we sent you. Thanks for your attention to this matter!

'Hub and I have been members since 1998 with no problem, and G-D since about 2007. She is presently living with us, so the IPs are generally the same, except when one or more of us are traveling or are at work.

When we go to the accounts and try to figure out what they are talking about, they are referring to some kind a 'violation', and want all kinds of personal information about how we do business, and documentation to prove it. A call to the eBay Help desk gets you to a call center in India or Pakistan...

This has my ***SPAM ALERT*** and ***Hacked Accounts*** radars going full tilt.

In checking with my BIL in Tennessee, his account is fine, and he had just finished putting several hundred dollars worth of merchandise online yesterday.

Thank you for any input.
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 09-13-2012, 04:14 PM. Reason: spelling and grammer
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

I'm in mine now without any problems.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

No problems with my account either.
        Have you tried calling eBay? I've had to call them on a number of occasions, and most times, the people I've talked with have been very helpful. If you do get one that seems difficult, wait a bit and call again.

Comment

You may get an email from ebay, but you will also have a copy of it in the "my messages" on Ebay. If you received this in an email, pay particular attention to the clickable links. While they may state they are from ebay, hover your mouse over them and see what the link really is. If that doesn't work, open the properties of your email and you will find more information there.

I haven't received any fraudulent emails from ebay in a while, however I have received them from the ACH (Automated Clearing House) for checks, from the federal reserve, and from the fbi. All were phishing, all were fraudulent.

Be careful out there my friend.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

My ebay account is also working fine. That sure sounds like a very suspiscous email you got there. I would say hacked account also.

Comment

Thank you everyone. I was out of the house today doing my volunteer thing by Docenting our local Museum this afternoon. My G-Daughter discovered all of this while I was gone and has been handling matters. I will caution her to be extra careful.

Thanks again

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X