BK and life update...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK and life update...

Hello old friends and new members to BKforum.

I just wanted to pop in and give everyone an update.
    Well life certainly is full of twists and turns.
    I came here last year for help and info on filing Bk. I filed Pro Se (I had a simple case so it's not for everyone) My case went smoothly and under recommendations from several people here I didn't reaffirm my mortgage. A consult with a lawyer told me I should..
    I was granted my Chapter 7. I didn't want a re affirm my mortgage, because of my back problems. (some of you may have read in the past). The bank was real easy to deal with as well. I had to pay my mortgage at the bank instead of online which was a pain. But I found If I call the collection manager in charge of my case to unlock my account every time I make a payment, it seemed to be an inconvenience to him. So I called him 3 times a month. Twice a month to ask for my account to be unlock and once to make a payment... After 4 1/2 months of that, he said I showed that I am willing to pay for the house (never late on payments) and unlocked my account.

It's been easier now that the BK process is over, but it's been difficult, Health issues have been getting worse. August now I no longer am able to do my job. My back is shot, (postponed surgery because of work 3 times) and now I was recently diagnosed with MS. With attacks and my back causing havok I have left my job. It was just too physical..

We are still doing ok with only one income right now, but wouldn't have been able to if we didn't file last year. And it makes me feel even better that we didn't reaffirm the house. I don't want to lose the house, but it's just another weight I don't have to carry. Only thing we can do it just push through and get to the greener grass soon.

Anyways, Good luck all new bk'ers, and it will get better soon.
    8-25-2011 - Free Consultations. -- 9-03-2011 - Decided to file Pro Se
    9-15-2011 - Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se -- 10-17-2011 - 341 Meeting/No Asset Case
    Discharged 12-21-2011 - Case Closed 12-27-2011 - Another Pro Se'r has done it!!

Aw-- so sorry to hear about your health issues. That sucks.
    Down with a bad back myself at the moment so I totally get it. The good news is that new treatments come out for MS daily.
    Take good care of yourself and keep us posted.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Thank you for the update and encouragement. I'm in a chapter 13 but the encouragement is always welcome. Congrats on your success!

The Bajan
      Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
      Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

Gosh I am sorry about your health. Have you considered filing for SS disability? There is a limited time to file (there are earning requirements in the months prior so don't wait too, too long). I wish you well.
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X